Getting into selective high school 2021 year 11 entry (1 Viewer)

MAAB1002

HSC
idk, I haven't received the letter yet so my dad called the school and they apparently told him that I should study, and call back if I still haven't received it yet. Kind of stressing out cuz one my friends did the exam for normanhurst and said u cant really prepare. But yeah I'm pretty sure its math and English section only

4321suomynona

HSC
I just got offered an interview at SBHS, and it's in a few days, so what should I do to prepare for it!

As in, how is there maths exam for year 11 and what does the interviewer ask?

I appreciate any answers u can give me.

Kurrison

HSC
idk, I haven't received the letter yet so my dad called the school and they apparently told him that I should study, and call back if I still haven't received it yet. Kind of stressing out cuz one my friends did the exam for normanhurst and said u cant really prepare. But yeah I'm pretty sure its math and English section only
Oh i did for normanhurst, so is your friend trying out for year 11

Kurrison

HSC
how are you planning to show your achievements, as in some extra curriculars?
as in how do i prove that i did peer support, charities, etc?
Lmao, I got whole certificates for charities, awards like medals, trophies, certificate and academic certificate like distinction or high distinction

Kurrison

HSC
ikr, since when lol?
How do i "prove" i participated in debating and co curricular groups if i didnt recieve any certificates?
maybe talk with your school? I talked with my school about extra curricular so they gave me medals and awards

4321suomynona

HSC
maybe talk with your school? I talked with my school about extra curricular so they gave me medals and awards
so you just asked some teacher to give you awards? but why would they only give it to you when u ask them for it, shouldnt you get it by earning it at some point? kinda confused as to what i should ask...just tryna clear it up

Kurrison

HSC
so you just asked some teacher to give you awards? but why would they only give it to you when u ask them for it, shouldnt you get it by earning it at some point? kinda confused as to what i should ask...just tryna clear it up
Yeah, because they keep it for students. Well I earned it but they kept it.

Kurrison

HSC
Btw, would have any idea of how many they interview at SBHS for year 11?
no idea man, maybe 20 to 30? It cant be 50 because how many interviews will they take. What I know is they only accept at least 7 to 10

MAAB1002

HSC
Any general tips for interviews? I think I speak quite well if its just like the teacher and me, but any other tips like what type of answers I should give etc

Kurrison

HSC
Any general tips for interviews? I think I speak quite well if its just like the teacher and me, but any other tips like what type of answers I should give etc
bruh, be simple and happy with big smile. talk naturally and tell them honest conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)