Getting Our HSC Results (1 Viewer)

imperfek_anjel

DaRanjed said:
Are you people gonna be 'excited' to look at your HSC or will you be avoiding it for a while?
My teacher told me of some girl who didn't check her UAI for years.
thats a bit extreme...lolz i will prolly get the mail (refuse to get it ne other how) n try avoiding it but wont b able to for long

^iMPerFek AnJeL^

iamsickofyear12

HSC
I don't even care that much about my HSC mark. I think I may still be in Hawaii when the marks come out so I guess I will find out when I get home, no rush though. My HSC marks really don't mean anything, it's all about whether I get the UAI I need for my course.

mishka

HSC
N/A
^^ but your year 12 marks determine your UAI!!! :p

i haven't decided whether i'm going to get mine by SMS yet, i think i probably will because i am the *impatient* type when it comes to waiting for important things like that...
i'm going to an 18th on the day i get my uai :D

iamsickofyear12

HSC
But I have no idea how my marks correspond to my UAI. So I'm just going to wait until the letters come on tuesday.

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
The SMS last year for me was about an hour late (10am). I don't know if this was the same for others, but I didn't like waiting, so I ended up just using the internet.

erialc

SMS... Internet.. mail... who cares all i know is im going to be drunk!!

they come out on the 17th? thats my 18th!!
Happy BIRTHDAY TO ME!!

at least i know my parents cant be pissed at me cause i will just cry and say they wrecked my birthday!!

HOW GREAT!

GOOD LUCK GUYS!!

nova

HSC
Minai said:
for the HSC results for every subject, you get:
a Moderated Assessment Mark,
an Exam Mark
and the average of both, which is your HSC mark (and the corresponding band to which this mark is within)
So where does the aligned mark come into play? Is that your HSC Mark or the scaled version of your HSC mark?

Cheers

nova

HSC
honky tonk said:
Your exam mark is aligned.. you never receive your raw exam mark.
So in SAM when you enter in your aligned mark, you are entering your exam mark that they give you? That's not how I understood it. I thought the exam mark they gave you was scaled (eg. 87 raw to 92 scaled) and then a combination of your Moderated Assessment Mark and scaled exam mark gave your aligned mark.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
According to one of my friends you can get your raw marks if you apply to the board of studies. Apparently they have to give it to you under freedom of information laws, but there are lots of complicated forms to fill out. I don't see why you would want it though.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
imperfek said:
thats a bit extreme...lolz i will prolly get the mail (refuse to get it ne other how) n try avoiding it but wont b able to for long

^iMPerFek AnJeL^
Im thinking about avoiding it but that's taking things a little TOO seriously lol

santaslayer

HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
According to one of my friends you can get your raw marks if you apply to the board of studies. Apparently they have to give it to you under freedom of information laws, but there are lots of complicated forms to fill out. I don't see why you would want it though.
It's already been done by Lazarus and Ragerunner this year.

DaRanjed

Yea, when our teacher told us we all went WTF?!

I'll be scared of course but I won't avoid it.
I'm gonna look at it. TRY to enjoy my Christmas. :p
And start fixing up my Uni preferences so I can get into a Uni for sure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)