getting real sick, argg (1 Viewer)

Dammit

ive started to get real sick on thur/fri with syptoms like headache, real sore throat, feel real cold when my body is actually overheating etc and my trial Hsc exams start this wednesday.

im writing here to see what i should be doing? should i go to the doctor now and try and get a doctors certificate? if im not 100% well should i still go and do my trials when im sick or should i try and postpone them until im better (i havent had time to study coz ive been sick)

what is the situation for trials and illness? ideally i want to do my trials the same time as everyone but i dont know if im going to be well enough and i will probably go sh@t because i havent been able to do any productive study.

thanks for your advice

Benno

HSC
u can go to the doctor get a certificate saying ur too sick to work, then what happens is u get the marks u got in ur assessments for ur trails

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Same thing happened to me, I was bedridden all week and couldn't study for modern history. I put in an appeal and did you think it was taken into consideration? Nooooooo.

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
I was really sick during my trial exams. In both English exams, as well as the Biology exam, I felt as though I was seconds away from an upchuck.. but I still did the exams. My results aren't that crash hot, but I wanted to get them over and done with.

My advice is to go to school when your trials are on, and decide a few minutes before the exam whether or not you can do it. You'll be kicking yourself if you stay home and suddenly feel OK and you know you could be doing the exam right at that moment.. getting it done and out of your head.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Originally posted by Dammit
loz did you have a medical certificate tho?
Yeah I did.

And before the exam I was having a nervous breakdown, no joke. I was in tears and I was still sick, and the teacher even came up to me and told me he would take into consideration that fact that I was sick and unable to study, but they way he marked it shows no signs that he did.

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
Originally posted by Loz#1
Yeah I did.

And before the exam I was having a nervous breakdown, no joke. I was in tears and I was still sick, and the teacher even came up to me and told me he would take into consideration that fact that I was sick and unable to study, but they way he marked it shows no signs that he did.
my school policy is that, if you get sick, even though you've got a doc certificate and still do the exam on that day, no consideration would be taken. If a student is sick for the exam, it is best that they ring up the school, get the med certificate prepared on that day, then do the exam when one gets well.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
sometimes u can put in for illness misadv (ask ur school), but they may not accept it, and if u have not turned up for the exam u will get 0

ask ur school what their policy is

swingin' n

same thing happened to me (real sick) and they took my doctor's cetificate, and adjusted my marks acordingly.

(according meaning they gave me a few more marks. :mad: )

but thats OK- i'll go fine in the HSC.

at last thats what i keep telling myself........

ps. good work sugaryblue in finishing your e2eng work. i handed mine up 8:56 yesterday. my teacher was stressing. i wonder why.

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
Originally posted by Loz#1
Same thing happened to me, I was bedridden all week and couldn't study for modern history. I put in an appeal and did you think it was taken into consideration? Nooooooo.
hey loz in another thread you said that the appeal got through and they gave you an extra 11 marks :confused:

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
Originally posted by swingin' n
same thing happened to me (real sick) and they took my doctor's cetificate, and adjusted my marks acordingly.

(according meaning they gave me a few more marks. :mad: )

but thats OK- i'll go fine in the HSC.

at last thats what i keep telling myself........

ps. good work sugaryblue in finishing your e2eng work. i handed mine up 8:56 yesterday. my teacher was stressing. i wonder why.
my teachers started stressing too when these two boys didn't appear until close to 9!

well done to you too, we've survived Extension 2 English 2003!!

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
unless you have an assessment average of 100% or pretty damn close it is better to do the trials if at all possible..but, yeah, if you've been sick, then dont do them, appeal and you'll get your assessment mark

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Originally posted by *~Dazed~*
hey loz in another thread you said that the appeal got through and they gave you an extra 11 marks :confused:
Then the next day it went through. Oops sorry!

Originally posted by sugaryblue
my school policy is that, if you get sick, even though you've got a doc certificate and still do the exam on that day, no consideration would be taken. If a student is sick for the exam, it is best that they ring up the school, get the med certificate prepared on that day, then do the exam when one gets well.
That's crap, your school needs new policy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)