Getting School Marks revised now? (1 Viewer)

stF-vampyre

HSC
i know its probably ridiculously late to be considering this, but i kindve have no other options.

I got an atar of 88.35, which you know, is good, not great, and im happy with it even though i didnt get what i needed. But i was aligning my school marks with my hsc marks and comparing them, and everything was pretty much really similar- generally my school marks were no more than 1-3 marks below my hsc exam marks, which is great [unfortunately it also pulled me from band 6s THREE TIMES, right on the border; sigh]

But then with ee2, the mark for my major work and reflection statement was amazing and i was really happy with it- i got 47/50! Then i looked at my school mark- 35/50. It dragged my final mark down by something like 13%! and im really upset over this!

My parents are insisting i get it looked at- ee2 scales well enough that such a difference in marks could mean like up to or over 2 ATAR marks- but i dont even know where to begin, what case to make...if itll even have an effect at all.

At the start of the year our ee2 teachers were just dishing out the assignments, barely explaining anything at all. Even my draft proposal- i got 68- they wouldnt explain properly. I tried and tried to fix it, tried asking questions, but they continuously said we had to do it on our own and wouldn't assist us. I wasnt the only one a little iffed about their handling of the assignments, but no one complained then.

And then they began to settle into the course and helping us properly- and amazingly, my marks were jumping from the 60s into the 80s again, such as for my viva voce. But it was these earlier marks that have totally screwed me up, and i dont know what i can do about it, if anything?

What sort of case do i make? I never complained cause i liked the teachers although they were costing us marks...but now i see the true results its truly hitting home and im really resenting this loss. Who do i make it to, BOS or the school? and can it truly have an impact on my final atar?

thanks =[

K

khorne

You don't have a case. While doing the early assignments you should have asked for more help, etc.

It's easy to blame others, but this one, you'll just have to accept as your own fault.

stF-vampyre

HSC
Well seeing as i did my best when no one else bothered to continue trying to get help from them...and they would just keep refusing...

Im not going to blame this as a failure on my behalf, cause it isnt at all.

Thanks for the answer though

mitchy_boy

blue
HSC
Khornes got a point, you were in year 12, you're a big kid you have to take responsibility for your HSC, I bombed out on my 1st Physics Exam and I'm only blaming myself, thus I have to make up for it on my other exams in the subject. Life's tough, at least you're learning now.

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
It sounds like everyone in your class was in the same boat, and that you haven't suffered any special disadvantage relative to the other students in your class.

Whether you received 60s or 80s at school doesn't matter - what's important is your position in your class.

If your class rank is correct (as shown on your assessment rank order notice on Students Online), there's nothing you can (or should) do about it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)