Getting to the Campus (1 Viewer)

dragonsrock

The Sexy One
HSC
OK, so I’m not really familiar with the Newcastle area at all, so I was wondering if you guys can help me out. I’m from Gosford – so I’ll get on a train to Newcastle, where do I actually get off in order to get to the Callaghan Campus - Newcastle station?

Ok from the station do buses run to and from the uni? And if I was to walk about how long would it take me to get there?

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Catch the train from Gosford to either Hamilton or Broadmeadow, then catch another train to Warabrook...its right adjacent the uni. Then, you just need to hike to whereever you need to be.

Or if you drive, come straight up the F3, take the Wallsend exit, follow that road right through to the end (you go through heaps of roundabouts) then at the top there is another roundabout, turn right there, go to the bottom of the hill, theres a maaaaaasssive roundabout at Jesmond, left there, then first exit ramp to your left, right around the roundabout, then left at the first roundabout.

EDITED: for accuracy

Last edited:

darkliight

I ponder, weak and weary
HSC
N/A
hipsta_jess said:
Catch the train from Gosford to either Hamilton or Broadmeadow, then catch another train to Warabrook...its right adjacent the uni. Then, you just need to hike to whereever you need to be.
There are no more trains to Warabrook from Broadmeadow, so be careful there. There are buses from Broadmeadow though, and since the train drops you off on one side of the campus, and the buses drop you off on the other side, it might work out better to do the bus thing /shrug

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
darkliight said:
There are no more trains to Warabrook from Broadmeadow, so be careful there. There are buses from Broadmeadow though, and since the train drops you off on one side of the campus, and the buses drop you off on the other side, it might work out better to do the bus thing /shrug
Actually, you get off at Hamilton to alight for a train on the Maitland line to Warabrook.... it's two stops, goes Hamilton, Waratah, Warabrook if i'm not mistaken... be careful though, cause sometimes the trains are late and won't connect :|

I'm driving in, I caught the train to Broadmeadow for 6 years for school which was annoying and ridiculous (since I live 15minutes drive from a trainstation)

darkliight

I ponder, weak and weary
HSC
N/A
There used to be a train from Broadmeadow to Warabrook, but that stopped sometime last year iirc. So she can get off at Hamilton as you said, or broadmeadow and catch a bus to uni.

dragonsrock

The Sexy One
HSC
Thanks again guys for your help; dont know where i'd be without the good old faithful bos forums

don'tdothistome

HSC
If you get off at Warabrook station you will still have to walk for about 10-15 minutes to get anywhere at the uni. It depends where your classes are.

If you get off at Hamilton station you can catch a bus to the university. It leaves from just up the road from the station. As you come out of the station turn right and go to the end of the road and turn right again and the bus stop is right there.

There is also a bus stop at Broadmeadow station and the 226 will take you to uni. The right bus stop is on the side without the taxi stand.

If you get off at the maths stop at uni, you'll be closer to the maths building, behavioural sciences building, CT building, and the shortland union as well as all the science buildings. The design stop is closer to the hunter building, engineering, the hunter union, student services... and I don't know what else because I don't have classes over there. But the hunter side is also close to Warabrook station.

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
for those who do drive... apparently they are cracking down on the people who cut through the back of the Stockland Jesmond carpark of a morning.... I'm guilty of this too.. when the traffic is backed up at the roundabout.... so be aware of it...

Public service message brought to you by SJ

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
it took twenty minutes to get through that stupid roundabout this morning.

who honestly goes to uni on a monday in the first week?!

in other news: so much for the library upgrade.
Oh, and a little BOS exclusive tip - if u need a parking sticker or travel concession etc. use the shortland hub. hardly anybody was there today when i went (about 5 people lining up) while the line was well and truly out the door over at student services.

darkliight

I ponder, weak and weary
HSC
N/A
If you're coming from jesmond, stay in the right lane, then there is heaps less traffic, then just do a loop around the round-about and you're straight in. If you're coming from mater hospital, left lane, straight through the round-about, right around the next, then do the right lane thing.

You can cut out the traffic on the off-ramp by going through birmingham too.

Last edited:

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
oh yes, all of the sneaky ways to get around the traffic... I can't imagine living in Sydney and having to deal with traffic 10times worse than the jesmond roundabout EVERYDAY.... ugh!!

It's times like these I just love newy...

Pilgrim

HSC
do they ever check those parking tickets?

costs 3$ a day or something, how much does a yearly cost and where do i get it from?

mrbassman

0.38 posts per day...meh
HSC
yes they check em. get them from student services. about 90 bucks a year

Pilgrim

HSC
yeah i got one semesters car parkin. saw someone do that right lane round about thing today haha.. i just couldnt be fucked so i went straight and turned left into the campus from another street. why doesnt anyone else do that

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)