getting to Uni of Syd (1 Viewer)

alman

Originally posted by JKDDragon
Hmm.. so you can go to other lectures hah. Great, looks like I'll be popping my head into the Graduate Medicine lectures at every opporunity, lmfao.
haha...me?combined degree..no chance for other lectures...but i hear the arts ones are damn interesting...

grad med? thats a bit high, isnt it?

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by alman
yeh..i remember someone doin some IT course last year and went to the philosophy lectures...

now hes transferring to philosophy!..haha
why? he loved philosphy that much?
Originally posted by JKDDragon
There better be flexibility, I ain't paying over $3,500 HECS annually to be striped of these conveniences. :D
mate ur asking for too much. :p

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
Originally posted by freaking_out
maybe, he realised that wif the IT degree he was stuffed (since there are no jobs) :p
yeah man i wanted to do IT, but it didnt end up doing it for that reason

bloody hell.

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
you should combine IT with something. there arn't that many people doing IT degrees and maybe by the time you finish uni, there will be a huge demand in the IT market!!

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by jlh
you should combine IT with something. there arn't that many people doing IT degrees and maybe by the time you finish uni, there will be a huge demand in the IT market!!
yes, maybe maybe...anyways- there's like a million and one IT who are unemployed at the moment! :p

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
yeah thats true.. but yeah, you really dont know whats gonna happen in 4 years time ya know.

who knows, knowing my luck, there probably would be a huge demand for them in 4 years :rolleyes:

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by tooheyz
yeah thats true.. but yeah, you really dont know whats gonna happen in 4 years time ya know.

who knows, knowing my luck, there probably would be a huge demand for them in 4 years :rolleyes:
4 years is really not a lot of time!!! ur hoping on too much!

but then again, we do need more sdd and ipt teachers- so maybe that might b a better option (once u finished your IT degree and get unemployed). :D :p

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
haha yeah i agree with the teaching part. all ipt teachers are sh*t.

i've concluded this since i realised from all the 2003 ipt students complaing bout their teachers in one of the ipt threads

(that didnt make sense, but you get my drift.)

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC

i've concluded this since i realised from all the 2003 ipt students complaing bout their teachers in one of the ipt threads

yeah, even worse for sdd teachers (since sdd is a harder subject)...so yeah, i've heard that many IT, computer science ppl. are opting to do that extra year of diploma of education....so in a few years time- gone are the days of bad sdd/ipt teachers. :D

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by melbournian
That is what they are saying with architecture at the moment. Architecture has had huge rises with the recent building boom, but by the time these students graduate, the building boom will be no longer and these graduates employment prospects won't be so good.
yeah...and also the thing with IT is that there are soo much ppl. out there- and if there was a boom- then all these ppl. are gonna get a job bfore u (since they prolly have experience), thats why if u wanna do IT make sure u love it- and also make sure that u can get High distinctions at least! :D

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Yes, but IT is never going to be not needed. There was an oversupply, and people have adjusted (look at the entry requirements this year with nearlly every IT/Com[uter Science course in the country dropping). The demand for IT is no where near as cyclical as the demand for architects.
yep true, true- also for IT the problem is many of the companies are starting to outsource their jobs out to places like india where the labour is very cheap!

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
hmm, thats why im gonna b a engineer instead!

yeah, i really wanted to work with computers, but didnt chose it for the above reasons..

so i choose my other equal interest; robots :)

MauHAUhauh

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
hmm, thats why im gonna b a engineer instead!

yeah, i really wanted to work with computers, but didnt chose it for the above reasons..

so i choose my other equal interest; robots :)

MauHAUhauh
yep, same here- if u've seen the threads i made throughout the year- u would've seen how i wanted to do software engineering- but i decided against it, and chose my other interest, which is either civil or aeronautical engineering. :)

Collin

HSC
N/A
mate ur asking for too much. :p
Oh cmon now.. that's the only thing I've asked for so far plus trying to get them to move the campus next to my house.. I mean.. is that SUCH a great deal to ask? *flutter eyes innocently*

Collin

HSC
N/A

LOL, classic example. Our IPT teacher just go his class to play Quake III during class hahahaha. Nice man though.

Yes, but IT is never going to be not needed. There was an oversupply, and people have adjusted (look at the entry requirements this year with nearlly every IT/Com[uter Science course in the country dropping). The demand for IT is no where near as cyclical as the demand for architects.
Exactly. I was a huge computer geek throughout my younger years, and I wanted a computer/IT job when I finished. Things change when you view the big picture though, such as employment/demand trends like you elaborated upon so now I've decided to do Science instead.

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
yep, same here- if u've seen the threads i made throughout the year- u would've seen how i wanted to do software engineering- but i decided against it, and chose my other interest, which is either civil or aeronautical engineering. :)
LOL me too! i wanted to do software engineering for a while as well - but i hated algorithms in sdd, so i changed my mind.

LOL

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
the IT market is going thru its first major shock. yes there was an overshock at the beginning with the dot com boom when everyone wanted to be in the business because they perceived they too will get the bonuses. it is a relatively new field and i think that in a few years time the uai cut offs and demand for the computing related degrees will smooth out. i dont think there will be a huge demand like in the dot com boom but demand will slowly rise and level out just like in any other field.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)