GHD vs Prostyle plus (1 Viewer)

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
I want to get a GHD straightener, I was looking at them yesterday, and the lady was telling me to get a prostyle plus one instead because she thinks its just as good and is only $150...does anyone have one? is it really as good as ghd?

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
no. GHD is the best. but if u don't want to spend the money, im sure the other is ok.

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
AlleyCat said:
no. GHD is the best. but if u don't want to spend the money, im sure the other is ok.

yeah i am kinda leaning towards the ghd, its just my hair does what i tell it it to, ive got a crappy $50 straightener that even works really well so I'm not sure if there a point to getting the ghd. Like is it just beneficial for people who have heaps curly big hair?

Skeeta

HSC
im dying to get a ghd, i spent almost 300 buks on a muster when they first came out coz i have the curly big hair, and since it exploded the other day i think im gonna have to invest in a GHD

they are they god of hair straighteners

but if you have easy to tame hair the other one would be alright....(but get the GHD and let me *borrow it*}

Lennie

Good choice. They are worth it.
I was a bit thrown off by the price, but it was the best money ever spent :p

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
why are straighteners so expensive? I have such straight hair, and i pity all the girls that go out and basically get a second mortgage to get two friggen slabs of ceramic to kill their hair with. Why aren't hair curlers that expensive? I love curly hair, i curl my hair all the time.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
What? So, girls with curly hair, will want to straighten their hair, so they have to pay more than girls with straight hair who want to curl their hair?! makes no sense!

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
so why the hell do people pay hundreds for one? When a $30 is just as effective?

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
shellybelly087 said:
so why the hell do people pay hundreds for one? When a $30 is just as effective?
It is a question of whether or not cheap ones are just as effective, and whether or not they damage your hair more than the expensive ones.

fashionista

Tastes like chicken
HSC
N/A
ghd's are awesome...if they can work onmy hair they can work on anything...granted i had 2 in my hair for the formal :S

Skeeta

HSC
if my hair would respond to a $30 straightener, id get one - no worries
but they dont work for me - i've bought them and tried them - they take 5 times as long to straighten and 15 minutes later, the afro is back

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
you can use GHDs to curl ur hair and it makes it look really good. better than curlers, and it lasts for ages and doesn't need product.
GHDs make ur hair stay pin straight until u wash it, even if u sleep or if its lightly raining or whatever.
Natstar, i have no doubt that ur $30 straightener workd for you, but for hard to tame hair, the GHD is a GODSEND!
i bought a pink breast cancer one fir my birthday last year, and it is the best money i have ever spent...no exception!

know_it_all

go ghd
i used to have a muster, but ghd is better

also, that wet to dry straightener...lots of my friends have it n that works madd too

but can sum1 tell me how to use the ghd to curl..ppl can to it for me, but i can never curl my own with it..

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
its hard to explain....
you have to wrap it around like a curling tong and then close it and pull slowly, (being careful not to rip ur hair out). if u hold the ghd perpemdicular to ur head as u pull out, it will be a tighter curl, less angle, less curl. also the less hair u have in each curl the bouncier it will be.
go to toni and guy or any salons that sell them and ask them to teach you.

know_it_all

AlleyCat said:
its hard to explain....
you have to wrap it around like a curling tong and then close it and pull slowly, (being careful not to rip ur hair out). if u hold the ghd perpemdicular to ur head as u pull out, it will be a tighter curl, less angle, less curl. also the less hair u have in each curl the bouncier it will be.
go to toni and guy or any salons that sell them and ask them to teach you.
my friend who does my hair works at toni n guy :p

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
toni and guy are the best but will cut your hair into a mullet if ur not careful, so make sure you keep one eye open....

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
natstar said:
i'd buy a muster if i had the money. It be so worth it for the amount of times I straighten my hair
GHDs are waaaay better! so petite and so versatile. i am telling you, musters are shit comparatively.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
i really want a ghd, i think i'm going to wait til my birthday and use any money i get then to buy one

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)