Gifts For Teachers/ Principal? (1 Viewer)

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
I'm just wondering what we shoul give as gifts to the teacher/principal as a group and individually. Shoul I do this now or before christmas?

SiZmOs

"Shaken, not stirred."
HSC
depends on how close you were with them. if you know them on more of a personal level, get them something u think they could use.
if they've been complaining all year for a new __________, then get them one of those.
do not get the vice principal a coffee mug that says i wish i were the boss. she won't find it as funny as you'd think.

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
Haha.
I'll get a mug with a good joke on it even though it has been done too many times.

SiZmOs

"Shaken, not stirred."
HSC
classic but a goodie.
u can also get mugs made up if you have an inside joke with them.

Steve Mate

HSC
I rekon i'll be goin for the bottles of wine after the HSC when i return all my books... saying that my maths class is organising a present for our teacher. Just a photo of the class which we will jazz up, help her remember how cool we are :p

Last edited:

SiZmOs

"Shaken, not stirred."
HSC
we got our year advisor(s) [we had our first leave at the end of year 11, so we had a second one whom we all loved anyway] a framed muck up foto.
that and i had taken a "05" foto from above, so we got one of those made up and framed for the office, just to make us better than the previous years who just had their year foto's hanging.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
I got 2 different parker pens for my year 11 and 12 English teachers respectively,
a calander shaped in a apple with A+ Teacher written on it for my year 11 business teacher and a simpsons mug for my year 12 business teacher.

If you want a great selection of gifts, i suggest you go to Modcons Gifts and Accessories in Burwood Westfield.

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
Photos are nice. I'll think of something for them this christmas rather than now.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
If you want to flatter your teacher, get him/her a bottle of wine. Works for pretty much everyone. :D

Celebrating my 5000th post!! :karate:

ane_st

HSC
Im giving all my teachers a note thing ive written them cause i kno a couple really well... And then like a personalised present... But im giving it to them after the HSC...

HSC
I gave my fav teachers a bok of really nice chocolates...it would have been something snazier except I left it to the last minute...but chocolates is still nice, as are flowers.

crimsonking

HSC
I gave presents to most of my teachers.

English Extension teacher was overseas, so he missed out.

For my Business, Maths, PDHPE and English teachers, I bought each a box of chocolates with a card attached to it expressing how I much I appreaciated their help. Great thing was that I handed them out at the graduation dinner (great night, so a great way to cap it off [2nd last day of school]). My PE teacher wasn't there, so I hate his chocolates.

For my legal teacher and mentor, i bought a box of perfume (5 Calvin Klein bottles, travel pack or something) and gave it to her on the last day of school after our presentation.

I think it is better handing presents while you are still at school, the gloss is not there when you hand it after your exams.

toadstooltown

1337 }{4><
HSC
N/A
While I liked almost all of my teachers for years 11 and 12, we only got a girft for our maths teacher because the majority of us had had her from year 7 to year 12, for 2u and 3u (and for me and another girl 4u). We got her a mug with a class photo, flowers and a card (original!). She was pretty pleased and she's a pretty easy-going woman so we just had a big party for our last lesson, even though the principal went insane when she found out.

mattsta

hahaha
HSC
A fringe benefit of being a teacher.

Most other government professionals have to reject gifts from clients.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)