gig guide (1 Viewer)

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
which gigs have u been to recently?

and what upcoming gigs do you know about ?

well salad boy and i went to see mm last night, they were amazement .. i never knew that the chick's voice wasn't digitalised or SFX'd in some way, but she was talking to us and she has the CRAZIEST voice ever.

it would have been a great night had the metro fuckers not fucked up something and made us wait for an hour between prop (the support band) and mm

i'll put pictures up and videos too (as soon as i can figure out how to)

um..

hip hop antagoniser
HSC
N/A
hey johnson

you're a cunt!

fuccccccccck
well i saw the lucksmiths the other night, they were good

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
yeah prop played there- i'd never hearda them before but their performance made me wanna buy their album, so they must've rocked ! i don't usu like just instrumental music so me liking them is saying something

and oh oops no they didn't talk to me and salad boy personally (oh and mercurydrinker came too- dunno if u remember him) they talked to the crowd is what i meant ..

how was it ? well, for me it was heaps interesting cos they use a weird bunch of instruments in their music, and played them in lots of experimental ways. the atmosphere was pretty good too, it was full house .. didn't know that many people knew of them!

ummm i'll let salad fill u in on all the rest he'd know better than me

brad:spleen

hey johnson, speedstar may be featured on Grass Records fourway indie split, Healing Seasons, be sure to check it out once out aight? At the mo Peabody is interested in being on it. so itll be worth your hard earned cash.

yeahyeahyeahs

lol i went to mum on sunday too...amazing although i did fall asleep for a bit oops. how crowded was it! before that i went to CatPower (i love this woman) and Interpol...all at the Metro.

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
Originally posted by brad:spleen
hey johnson, speedstar may be featured on Grass Records fourway indie split, Healing Seasons, be sure to check it out once out aight? At the mo Peabody is interested in being on it. so itll be worth your hard earned cash.
!!! okay i have absolutely NFI what "grass records fourway indie split" is but i'm very interested, what is it ???????

i LOOOOOVE Speedstar they are supposed to be absolutely neurotic when alistair sings live tell me more !!

Originally posted by yeahyeahyeahs
lol i went to mum on sunday too...amazing although i did fall asleep for a bit oops. how crowded was it! before that i went to CatPower (i love this woman) and Interpol...all at the Metro.
ooh that's cool, i hope you enjoyed it too. how weird eh, we could've been sitting next to each other and not even noticed it .. :p

incidentally, where were you seated ? we were pretty close to the stage, like 1.5 metres away, slightly to the left

spleen

Originally posted by Loz#1
I'm coming with :D
I got free tickets :p

wow brad...that sounds great! where can i find out more?

yeahyeahyeahs

Originally posted by johnson

ooh that's cool, i hope you enjoyed it too. how weird eh, we could've been sitting next to each other and not even noticed it .. :p

incidentally, where were you seated ? we were pretty close to the stage, like 1.5 metres away, slightly to the left
i was dead next to the "buddha" sound engineer guy (man he had incense everywhere!), had so many urges just to press random buttons and ruin the show! you guys musta had a blast so close up...i wasnt far back but i wish i had got there earlier to get a better seat (ahem incense grrrr). it was a pretty fab show although i was abit tired and everything sounded like whales to me...i didnt know what half of the instruments were! btw where can you get Mum albums ? ive only got the please smile my nose bleeds and want some others but cant find any :(

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
Originally posted by yeahyeahyeahs
i was dead next to the "buddha" sound engineer guy (man he had incense everywhere!), had so many urges just to press random buttons and ruin the show! you guys musta had a blast so close up...i wasnt far back but i wish i had got there earlier to get a better seat (ahem incense grrrr). it was a pretty fab show although i was abit tired and everything sounded like whales to me...i didnt know what half of the instruments were! btw where can you get Mum albums ? ive only got the please smile my nose bleeds and want some others but cant find any :(
haha it kept pissing me off when the singer (argh what's her name) kept trying to talk but the crowd was cheering too hard so i couldn't hear her sexy icelandic accent ! :(

as for mum cd's .. i haven't gotten any either yet, but i'm going to utopia soon to buy them, they had their two recentest albums when i went there last.
utopia, as in, that shop underneath Greater union george st in the city

yeahyeahyeahs

yeah it was packed that night! i better give Utopia a visit (hopefully when there is no goth band signings), can't wait to hear more of their stuff.

HSC
the HMV in pitt st. has the mum CDs, as well as Red Eye Records...

Anyways Mum were pretty damn good... and surprisingly the support act (Prop), who sound somewhat like Tortoise, was top notch as well.... anyways.... some interesting things that happened:

The cute lead singer would curtsey after every song.
They used the most bizzare instruments... a piano accordian, an instrument that looks like a breath tester.....
This girl in the back kept blowing bubbles into the crowd and it created this great atmosphere...
There was a 1 song encore! Cos the crowd wouldn't stop clapping :)
During "I'm 9 Today" (which was the encore song) some one started laughing at the same time as when the laughing sound comes up in the track on the album!

Highlights: I'm 9 Today and Green Grass of Tunnel

Anyways, great gig.... hopefully they'll come and visit us Aussies again...

um..

hip hop antagoniser
HSC
N/A
um.. well nothing fonfirmed yet, but keep on checkign www.grassrecords.tk for updates. i may have gotten peabody... and im still waiting on 78 saab and bluebottle kiss.
bluebottle kiss are sick live
but jamie hutchings is quite boring solo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)