Girl can begin life as a boy, court rules (1 Viewer)

santaslayer

HSC
"[He] has fantasies and persistent thoughts that he would develop a penis."

ehhhhh...hmmm

anywayz, what i think is that the courts decision is not always right, but this time i believed that the court did indeed act in 'the best interests of the child'
the treatment will only have irreversible effects when he is 16. (should he decide to continue), and also about the notion of surgery until he is 18. so i think a few measures have been implemented to ensure his initial decision is not for 'life'.

ohne

HSC
This type of action should not even be legal in the first place but allowing it for people under the age of 18 is just wrong. People that age are just not in a position to make descisions themselves about this type of thing.

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
hmmm i thought she can't actually have the sex change until 18? she's started taking hormones now though, i think... to stop her periods etc.

Originally posted by Goban
after a sex change can they still experience an orgasm?
i read an article in cosmo (september 2000) about a man who'd had to surgery to become a woman, and she can... not sure about a girl changing sex to a guy, though.... "

"my vagina doesn't become as wet as a biological woman's, and i can't have children, but i can get aroused and have orgasms...

[after the penis was removed], they reuse everything except the testicles. the penis was turned inside out and inserted inside me to create th elining of my vagina. a little bit from the head was used to make a clitoris and the skin of the ball bag was used to make the labia... i had to wear a pack inside me to hold everything in place for a week after the operation and then on & off for a year. i was surpised how well i healed. i was even told i could have sex after six weeks. ... "

Last edited:

ohne

HSC
Originally posted by Asquithian
are u suggesting that people under the age of 16 cannot make decisions?
Oh course people under the age of 16 can make decisions but they are not always in a position to make the right one. (This is why things such as smoking and comsumption of alcohol are resticted to people over a certain age). :rolleyes:

santaslayer

HSC
Originally posted by bubz :D
hmmm i thought she can't actually have the sex change until 18? she's started taking hormones now though, i think... to stop her periods etc.

i read an article in cosmo (september 2000) about a man who'd had to surgery to become a woman, and she can... not sure about a girl changing sex to a guy, though.

"my vagina doesn't become as wet as a biological woman's, and i can't have children, but i can get aroused and have orgasms...

[after the penis was removed], they reuse everything except the testicles. the penis was turned inside out and inserted inside me to create th elining of my vagina. a little bit from the head was used to make a clitoris and the skin of the ball bag was used to make the labia... i had to wear a pack inside me to hold everything in place for a week after the operation and then on & off for a year. i was surpised how well i healed. i was even told i could have sex after six weeks. ... "
1. yea, after 18 she (or is it he?) can have surgery, now at 13 shes using hormones, but after 16 she will change these pills for something stronger ( i guess) so that irreversible changes occur. eg. deep voice.

2. eeewwwwww.......plz be considerate of us guys...LoLz That was very intriguing...LoLz :p

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
after a sex change can they still experience an orgasm?
Yes, they surgically change the position of the glans/clitoris.

This type of action should not even be legal in the first place but allowing it for people under the age of 18 is just wrong. People that age are just not in a position to make descisions themselves about this type of thing.
If you read the article, you would have seen that what the court allowed was entirely reversible, the child can't undergo surgery till she's 18.

Aerials

your member for ulladulla
HSC
"Alex, who was diagnosed as having gender identity dysphoria"

Originally posted by babydoll_
personally, i think they shouldve waited... even if he/she is having problems, at 13, i dont think he/she is mature enough to realise the seriousness of the decision
She has a disease. Its not as easy as saying that she has decided to have a sex change out of freedom of choice. The disease effects her mentally, so you can see why even in fifty years' time {unless she got a brain transplant} she would still make the same choice.

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
Originally posted by santaslayer
2. eeewwwwww.......plz be considerate of us guys...LoLz That was very intriguing...LoLz :p
arghhhhh too graphic
Originally posted by BreaKing
eww! *throws up*
heh heh heh... eeeexcellent *wiggles fingers like mr burns*

lol nah, JK... but itwasn't even in a sealed section in cosmo :p

but anyway. it is interesting , though.
i also read another article about sex change, this time female to male ("my mum became my dad"), but i can't be bothered to look through all my magazines for it :p

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
mmm i remember reading a story about a baby x (in cafs) where they treated the child as being both genders but only the parents knew what gender it was.. it had like a short ish hair style which could be either genders... wore overalls and played with both barbies and trucks.. then it caused all these little kids to rebel cuz they didnt want to be restricted to one gender of things.. then all these parents got aggro.. but yeh i remember at the end when the x's mum gave birth they asked what gender it was and said its a y.. lol
but yeh thats going a bit off topic... i think its kinda sad that ideas must have been drilled into alex when she was very young to make her hate females.. and it just grows and grows.. because i dont think this gender identity thing comes naturally.. something would have to provoke it.. why cant people just be all accepting of what they are instead of changing themselves to suit others

glitter burns

the sky is falling
HSC
I was watching this doco about the origins of sex change operations and stuff, and the research shows that there's a part of the brain in men that is twice as large as in females, and in men who feel they should have been a woman, that part of the brain is the same size as a womans, so in many cases it's really not psychological and the result of their childhood or anything like that, it's actually a deformity of the brain, and the only treatment for it is a sex change.

Mojoman

Interstellar Overdrive
HSC
N/A
that or a lesson on how to wear a bluey, drink a beer, cook a bbq and play cricket and footy

Iunny

Originally posted by Aerials
"Alex, who was diagnosed as having gender identity dysphoria"

She has a disease. Its not as easy as saying that she has decided to have a sex change out of freedom of choice. The disease effects her mentally, so you can see why even in fifty years' time {unless she got a brain transplant} she would still make the same choice.
well if thats the case, Alex should get mental help first before commiting herself to a sex change

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Originally posted by Iunny
well if thats the case, Alex should get mental help first before commiting herself to a sex change
if you read the article, youd see she hasnt been committed to the change, and only can undergo permanent transforming surgery when shes of a legal age.

santaslayer

HSC
Yea, 16 is the age where she is allowed to take pilss with irreversible effects. ie. deeper voice.
18 is where she gets to decide on the whole surgical sex change option

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)