Girl forced to change school beacouse of hair color! (1 Viewer)

jazzzod

HSC
Makes sense IMO.

Hair of this colour has no place in society. Or atleast the side of it schools attempt to promote.

Zaza101

HSC
it doesn't say in the article that she naturally has red hair,

imo I'd rather have her hair then be called a 'ranger'. >.>

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
lol bogans

Yeah, Catholic Schools are really uptight about these things. In my school you couldn't have hair that went beyond the collar but you can't shave your head either and the only colour I think you can dye your hair is a natural colour.
My uncle dropped me off at school once, all his kids go to broughton anglican and i went to public schooling, he nearly had a heart attack when he saw a student in my grade with a mohawk.

lizzay2348

HSC
My uncle dropped me off at school once, all his kids go to broughton anglican and i went to public schooling, he nearly had a heart attack when he saw a student in my grade with a mohawk.
Lol, Broughton.

HSC
My school has razors, shaving cream for the boys and nail polish remover and makeup remover for the girls in our senior offices. While they are really harsh with hair colour and excessive makeup, some girls claim there natural hair colour is white blonde with black regrowth. And my school is a catholic private school also

HSC
If they're the school rules, and she knows that, then she's at fault. I'm not saying it's not frustrating, or whatever, but it's really not worth making an issue of. She doesn't have to stay at the school if she can't bear to change her hair colour. And if she really wants to stay at the school, then it's not that much of a sacrifice to dye it back.

I went to a private school which had very strict uniform regulations. It was a great school for me, and I felt very lucky to go there. Although I didn't like the uniform much, I pretty much just wore it as we were supposed to. There were always kids who felt angry and resentful about it, but they were the ones that just kept breaking the rules, even though they were very clear. It was like those kids were above everyone else, and thought there should be a separate set of expectations for them, because they were so special.

Frankly, I think it's a spoilt way to act. If you're lucky enough that your parents can afford to send you to a private/Catholic school, then be grateful for it, or tell them it's not your thing and go somewhere else. All schools have pros and cons, nowhere's going to be perfect. In some ways, I would've loved to go to a school where I could wear Converse, and shorts, (we always had to wear dresses/skirts) and where we didn't have to go to Chapel services once a week. But there were things that I really liked about my school, so in the end, it didn't matter.

I think this girl is making a big deal out of nothing, and should either stick to the rules or go somewhere else. Any sort of system, whether it be school, uni, work, or society, has certain expectations. When these are as clear as school rules, by attending a certain school, one would assume that they were implicitly agreeing to those rules by becoming a part of that system.

Last edited:

redmayne

HSC
IT'S "BECAUSE". My god why can't you spell because right.

You're as bad as the girl's mother naming her "Phylicity".

mcflystargirl

HSC
N/A
She broke the rules, she should deal with it, if they let her dye her hair they would have to let everyone.

Daisuke

HSC
Good for her. Breaking rules is a form of rebellion. Rebellion is a form of complaining. Complaining brings about change. Fight the system.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
If they're the school rules, and she knows that, then she's at fault. I'm not saying it's not frustrating, or whatever, but it's really not worth making an issue of. She doesn't have to stay at the school if she can't bear to change her hair colour. And if she really wants to stay at the school, then it's not that much of a sacrifice to dye it back.

I went to a private school which had very strict uniform regulations. It was a great school for me, and I felt very lucky to go there. Although I didn't like the uniform much, I pretty much just wore it as we were supposed to. There were always kids who felt angry and resentful about it, but they were the ones that just kept breaking the rules, even though they were very clear. It was like those kids were above everyone else, and thought there should be a separate set of expectations for them, because they were so special.

Frankly, I think it's a spoilt way to act. If you're lucky enough that your parents can afford to send you to a private/Catholic school, then be grateful for it, or tell them it's not your thing and go somewhere else. All schools have pros and cons, nowhere's going to be perfect. In some ways, I would've loved to go to a school where I could wear Converse, and shorts, (we always had to wear dresses/skirts) and where we didn't have to go to Chapel services once a week. But there were things that I really liked about my school, so in the end, it didn't matter.

I think this girl is making a big deal out of nothing, and should either stick to the rules or go somewhere else. Any sort of system, whether it be school, uni, work, or society, has certain expectations. When these are as clear as school rules, by attending a certain school, one would assume that they were implicitly agreeing to those rules by becoming a part of that system.
I think it goes a bit far expelling someone 12 weeks out from their HSC because of the wrong colour stockings.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)