girl's course? (1 Viewer)

lah_lah

HSC
if you're talking about the commerce course in general, I remember the lecturer told us last year on Open day that females make up 55%, males like 43% and the rest international students.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
^ Because international students don't have a gender...? :p

lah_lah

HSC
i don't have the exact statistics but as I said that's would the lecturer told us last year in general. Also he didn't tell us the exact stats for int students as the male/female makeup could change alot from one year to another.

mr_shittles

Big Chief
HSC
Basically, its pretty much 50/50 (a few % in favour of girls, but too small to care about). Its neither a male dominated (like engineering) nor a female dominated (like nursing) area. In finance, i think there are more boys (certainly in honours), but in marketing, the girls have the numbers (looks like 60/40).

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
International students make up at least 50% of commerce students, maybe even more.

An example - in LEGT2721 (a Business Law subject I took last year), in my first tute when the tutor went around asking about everyone, out of about 25 people in the class, only myself and this other girl were Australian born...

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
Minai said:
only myself and this other girl were Australian born...
that doesn't make the others international :p that makes them overseas-born Australians :p

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
Frigid said:
that doesn't make the others international :p that makes them overseas-born Australians :p
exactly
i was born overseas but been living in aust for over a decade

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)