girls doing physics (1 Viewer)

Emma-Jayde

Muahahahaha
HSC
aural_sax05 said:
Girls can't do physics

its a MAN's subject need big ... to do it

lol

j/k girls have better articulation apparently.... since course now theory...
lol well in my class of 17 there's 4 girls, and we kick ass!! If girls can't do physics the guys sure as hell shouldn't be there!! One of us is coming first! :p
Actually, the ratio in this class is really strange, the girl:boy ratio in my school is 7:3!!

Moonlite

HSC
table for 1 said:
all girl's school :) therefore, no guys.
Same here. We have about 25 girls doing physics, and some of them are better than the teacher lol

table for 1

dreaming... sigh...
HSC
N/A
Moonlite said:
Same here. We have about 25 girls doing physics, and some of them are better than the teacher lol
haha... you know what...same here ! whenever one of the really smart girls question him, he questions himself. but geez, they ask such intelligent questions which indicate that they understand the topic enough to delve deeper.

meanwhile, i'm sitting in the back completely lost

HSC
We have about 16 in our class, with about 6 girls. There were more guys last year but they dropped it. And as for the argument that guys are better than girls at phys... I duxed the prelim course so nyeh!

stainmepink

HSC
chantellet said:
I was the only girl in my physics class and I was wondering what the ratio is of boys to girls of people who do physics. How many girls were there in classes at other schools?

um ... in the state theres usually about 65 percent of boys doing phys and 35 percent girls. but it shouldnt matter should it?

zenger69

Bok Choyer
HSC
because physics is more englishish rather than conventional physics which was full of maths.

I think that balanced the gender inequality.

So males and girls have an equal chance at the HSC.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
zenger69 said:
because physics is more englishish rather than conventional physics which was full of maths.

I think that balanced the gender inequality.

So males and girls have an equal chance at the HSC.
Statistics say otherwise.

If you assume that males and females are of equal intelligence (which seems to be true over all areas) then the HSC is skewed towards females. In any case it is a much less broader assumption than all states being equal.

Pi Pi Pi Pi Pi Pi Pi Pi!!
HSC
i dont like your statement "have an equal chance".

they always had an equal chance at doing welll

boys just like to make the excuse that since the course is more theory based girls have more chance at success.

come on

Last edited:

lfc_reds2003

yeh us boys like to cover our insecurity by saying that the new course pays girls an advnatage as they are better at english...

gl all o5 phys students

Doing it for the male physicians

Last edited by a moderator:

Boo_

HSC
therez more guy's the girls in the one phyiscs class, but seriously girls arent bad at physics, the girls have the top to ranks in my class, though most of the guys tend to muck around and bludge.but still, even if all the guys tried, the girls would still be top 2

cholly

Somebody's Left Shoe
HSC
aparrently both are about the same. guys sup[posedly struggle with the theory based side of things, but are more capable of applying physics knowledge to abstract questions (like last year's michael jordan one)

Emma-Jayde

Muahahahaha
HSC
This whole guys are better at maths/girls are better at english is so stereotypical! :vcross: Most of the time in cases where this is true, it's because guys/girls look at a question and think "Oh. An english/maths question. I can't do that."
It's simply a matter of overcoming the psychological barrier that says guys can do this, girls can do this, and we can't possibly do what the other sex is good at. Generally, if you believe that you CAN'T do something, you won't be able to do it.
Jeez, I'm female, and the only english-ish based subject I do IS english and some small parts of music where questions require extended responses.
When it comes to physics and chemistry, the MATHS area is the easier of the two. Also, in my 4u maths class, the top positions are held by girls.
It's not whether you're a guy or a girl that matters. It depends on which side of you brain is dominant. Left brained people think in a liner fashion, so they're generally better at maths. Right brained people are generally more creative so they're better at english.
Lets not have any more of this "Guys are better at maths and girls are better at english" nonsense. :vcross:
It's absolutely ridiculous.

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
Boys are better at maths.

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
hmmz im not good at maths...guys and girls have the same potentials...just depends on the effort you put in. In the end, everyone has the same opportunity no matter if ur a girl or a guy...just try your best. In general guys and girls have the same opportunity and are equally smart with the same amount of effort put in...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)