girls doing physics (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
Tennille said:
why exactly is it not really liked by girls? Maybe because of motors and generators stuff as well as the transistor crap. Too guyish...lol. I hate computers and their little components *shakes fist*
yeah, motors and generators really stumps me.. but they guys get it all like woahh!!
nooo fairrr
but the funny thing is i get computers - i just dont get motors and generators!!!
*grrr*

Emma-Jayde

Muahahahaha
HSC
I love the motors and generators topic! Unfortunately, my teacher decided that instead of building a motor or generator for our assessment task, we would write and editorial instead, much to the disgust of the majority of the class! Apparently it was a 'fairer' assessment.

Boo_

HSC
Emma-Jayde said:
I love the motors and generators topic! Unfortunately, my teacher decided that instead of building a motor or generator for our assessment task, we would write and editorial instead, much to the disgust of the majority of the class! Apparently it was a 'fairer' assessment.
damn, id love to build stuff rather then do a written task

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
During highschool, our class was about 50/50, with most of the hot girls doing physics.

modelzsuck

Kylie
HSC
In my class last year there was about 10 boys:3girls, now there is 10 boys:2girls because I dropped out, lol, only a few ppl do physics at our school, 50 do it at yours!!! :gridnod:

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
lalaurenisme said:
There have been studies showing that females tend to be more literate, communicative, and talented at humanities, etc., and the other way round for males. I don't know why it is. It just is.
You must concede that it is hard to discern whether the reason for that is environmental or genetic, though.

I'm leaning towards environmental.

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
Which is most conducive to the developement of langauge skills: football or sowing circles? ;)

HSC
N/A
Emma-Jayde said:
hmm - we dont have an assessment for physics anymore - the only topic we did have one for was space - and that was 25% hmm.. i got 34/35 for that.. so i was happi =D
hahaha.. stupid motors and genz though!!

Boo_

HSC
i didnt have an official assessment for motors and generators...the half yearly was the only assessment we did during the motors and gen topic

eilys close

HSC
Out of approx 50 students doing Physics in yr 11 at my school, there are ... seven girls ( I think). At least 2 will drop, probably more.

More importantly, the question should be: Blonde girls doing physics? Thoughts?

Walking in first class and the teacher kept glancing at me, as if he thought he was seeing things. And people still go, "Wah, you'e doing physics?!" seven months or so into the year. Geez. So what if I'm the blonde-top-of-english-only-doing-2UAdvancedMAths-girl? I like Physics. Physics is interesting and fun. And I usually get within the top 3 for assessments. And that's only because there are some freaks who get tutors so much they have no original thoughts and I will thrash them in Eng Ex2. I, on the otherhand get my marks with talent and hard work and a good attitude. Giving somebody hundreds of dollars to ruin your brain = fail life. So even though I'm not first, I'm not too fussed because I still feel like I win. Plus, I might not use Physics in my career, but hey, it leaves doors open.

Our third lesson, we finally were using equations - me =the only one who could do it. Yay!

I guess it's because Physics is real. not that maths isn't real but I like to think about how the forces are doing this and tha and OMG it's an EMR lighting up the room. Yes. *nerd*.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
What's wrong with blondes doing Physics?

kwabon

Banned
HSC
Out of approx 50 students doing Physics in yr 11 at my school, there are ... seven girls ( I think). At least 2 will drop, probably more.

Walking in first class and the teacher kept glancing at me, as if he thought he was seeing things. And people still go, "Wah, you'e doing physics?!" seven months or so into the year. Geez. So what if I'm the blonde-top-of-english-only-doing-2UAdvancedMAths-girl? I like Physics. Physics is interesting and fun. And I usually get within the top 3 for assessments. And that's only because there are some freaks who get tutors so much they have no original thoughts and I will thrash them in Eng Ex2. I, on the otherhand get my marks with talent and hard work and a good attitude. Giving somebody hundreds of dollars to ruin your brain = fail life. So even though I'm not first, I'm not too fussed because I still feel like I win. Plus, I might not use Physics in my career, but hey, it leaves doors open.

Our third lesson, we finally were using equations - me =the only one who could do it. Yay!

I guess it's because Physics is real. not that maths isn't real but I like to think about how the forces are doing this and tha and OMG it's an EMR lighting up the room. Yes. *nerd*.
What's wrong with blondes doing Physics?
nothing, thats exactly her point.

Stephie-Rae

HSC
I'm also a blonde girl that does physics, i've had a few people not take me seriously, i don't understand it, just one of those ridiculous views of society i guess. In my opinion it just makes it more fun to prove them wrong =)

We've got a class of 6, 4 boys 2 girls.

darkcounty

thas unaustralian... hic
HSC
Tbh, I never felt comfortable doing physics until I went to an all girls school. The majority of males in my old physics class was really intimidating and really affected my grades. I think it was the atmosphere, when many males get together, it becomes really rowdy. I think the learning environment is much better at an all female school - the girls who do physics are there because they're interested and it's more quiet and relaxed. We really knuckle down and get things done.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)