Girls Please Answer This. (1 Viewer)

dora_18

HSC
I like a guy who takes pride in his appearance and isnt afraid to go that extra bit to make himself look awesome...good shave, nice clothes, good hair, top it off with perfume/cologne...absolute perfection!( added intellect would be good as well)
I hate guys who have a wardrobe consisting of tracksuit pants and a few shirts, maybe jeans!!*shudder*

hello_world

HSC
aussiesurfer said:
Ok... I have a question.

On these boards nearly EVERY girl here says how they dont like metrosexual males. The thing that I dont get about this is that when I do my hair with gel, and try and scrub up alright I get a lot of looks and asked out usually if I go out... BUT when I dont bother with all that and just go out without the metrosexual look, I will rarely get a girl looking at me and barely get asked out. Now why is this? What dont I understand about this whole topic?
embrace the gel!!! i would never go for a guy with flat or ungelled hair!! i bought some gel and put it in my bf's car just so he would have no excuse not to have his hair gelled! frizzy afro or flat hair is grosss!

tlodg

HSC
N/A
what's wrong with spending some time with your hair, outfit, etc...
just don't apply makeup guys..
unless ur gf wants u to (privately)
heheheh

dora_18

HSC
lol, depends what you mean by makeup
i haven't seen a straight guy go too far with the whole makeup scene, but some tinted moisturiser makes you look much prettier

like...kyan from Queer Eye...i know thats not a great example becuase he's gay but he's got an awesome skin care regime and looks a million bucks

tlodg

HSC
N/A
dora_18 said:
lol, depends what you mean by makeup
i haven't seen a straight guy go too far with the whole makeup scene, but some tinted moisturiser makes you look much prettier

like...kyan from Queer Eye...i know thats not a great example becuase he's gay but he's got an awesome skin care regime and looks a million bucks
well just a lil bit is alright, if that's part of a skin care regime....
but eyeliners....mascara....eyeshadow....er...blush....
that's a bit too much (for me)

*hopeful*

HSC
i hate it when guys walk around with dry/chapped lips, too afraid to put some lip balm on....

G

Gavvvvvin

I think I'll stick with my jeans, flanellete and scruffy hair.

Zoe 2508

HSC
yeah i ihave this totally straight mate and he wears foundation to cover some hardly noticable pimples (he's a keen as pink shirt wearer, but definately loves the girls).. Only he must use his mum's because its clearly not the right colour...

At first i was surprised that my dude friends would wear make-up but when i started to think about it, girls (including me) wear make-up to look better and feel better about ourselves, so why shouldn't guys be able to as well...

Although, my only concern is that if they're going to wear it, at least get the right colour for your skin tone... haha

Zoe 2508

HSC
*hopeful* said:
i hate it when guys walk around with dry/chapped lips, too afraid to put some lip balm on....
ps. i DEFINATELY agree.. there's would benothing worse than kissing a guy who has lips with flaky bits of cracked lip poking out all over the place. CORRECTION: i dont think i've ever really done that, but now i know the reason why!

dora_18

HSC
Zoe 2508 said:
yeah i ihave this totally straight mate and he wears foundation to cover some hardly noticable pimples (he's a keen as pink shirt wearer, but definately loves the girls).. Only he must use his mum's because its clearly not the right colour...
haha, when i saw the" foundation and pink shirt" part but that he liked chicks my initial thoughts were "gay in denial" but then when you said its the wrong colour i thought nope a gay guy would be able to differenciate

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
I think it's more the attitude than the looks that turns girls off 'metro' guys. In my estimation most girls want a stylish looking man that's also rough/tough exhibiting much more of the qualities of the everyday man.

Angelicflame

HSC
Shell said:
lol i would very easily choose the rugged, unshaven stubbly, wife beater clad guy than the overpowering perfume smelling guy with a tub of gel in his hair and a pink collared shirt on.
i totally agree with what your saying the ruggeed unshaven guy are so much better

misskaylie88

HSC
a metro guy is good... i mean its nice when a guy cares what he looks like... just so long as they arent bordering on looking homosexual cause i think that might be where girls dont like it...

misskaylie88

HSC
Angelicflame said:
i totally agree with what your saying the ruggeed unshaven guy are so much better
though before i did say metro is good and yes it is...but sometimes a rough guy is great lol unshaven can be really hot!

PrettyVacant

HSC
But guys with makeup on are pretty hot. Probably some sort of eyeliner. That's hot.

PrettyVacant

HSC
LottoX said:
Not if they're wearing more than you (Although Johnny Depp in Pirates might be an exception...). Also, it's highly dangerous to go near the make-up section of Myer or whatever; it looks weird.

Make-up has never crossed my mind.

Ever.
That's true. I HATE those make-up counters. Oh god, people start spritzing perfume all over you and giving you free makeovers. Then they pressure you to BUY something. It's like, "Oh, this skin enhancing serum is only $180 for 15 grams! Bargain! And it comes with this free bag made by some slave labourer in Cambodia! Charming! You'll look so good with it!"

PrettyVacant

HSC
Hahaha! And their eyebrows are like ^^ and really fake-looking! I swear they're drawn on. And their nails are really super long and they always wear the white lab-coat sort of thing. It really hurts your eyes, especially when they bright white fluroscent lights are shining into your face too.

PrettyVacant

HSC
Them wearing lab coats is an insult to Science.
And I, being a Science nerd..am insulted.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)