Girra or Penrith? (1 Viewer)

edwxnsamuel

HSC
I was thinking of applying to High last year however my parents both said the travel time is way too much. Two of my friends got accepted and they said they'd be traveling for around 3hrs+ yet they still accepted the offer. Idk each to their own ig
Sounds a pretty pathetic decision with that commute lol.

HSC
Trust me in senior years you will NOT want to be travelling that much. Just go to penrith or smth, its not even that bad of a school
Do preferences only matter if there's two students that are practically the same in everything (HAST/EDUTEST, REPORTS & EXTRACURICULARS)
Hb this list,
1. Penrith
2. Fort Street
3. Baulko

eternallyboreduser

HSC
N/A
Do preferences only matter if two students that are practically the same in everything (HAST/EDUTEST, REPORTS & EXTRACURICULARS)
Hb this list,
1. Penrith
2. Fort Street
3. Baulko
Uhhh im not sure, kinda depends on each school lol but i think most arent that picky with the preferences but they probably do like it if you put them first on your preference list. So to maximise your chances of getting into a selective school (assuming you dont rlly care which one u go to of the ones u picked) just put 1st as the one you are most likely to get in and vice versa for 2nd and 3rd.

HSC
Uhhh im not sure, kinda depends on each school lol but i think most arent that picky with the preferences but they probably do like it if you put them first on your preference list. So to maximise your chances of getting into a selective school (assuming you dont rlly care which one u go to of the ones u picked) just put 1st as the one you are most likely to get in and vice versa for 2nd and 3rd.
Looks good then, I have the highest chance of getting into Penrith, then Fort, then Baulko
Btw these are the travel times for each school (One way)
Penrith 50m-1hr
Fort- 1hr 20-30m
Baulko- 1hr 20m

HSC
Also remember that teachers comments are EXTREMELY important as well
On reports? Also I've heard that 20% of all selective spots will be reserved for disadvantaged student from low socioeconomic situations and Indigenous students. I'm not homeless or anything but I was wondering how one could "qualify" for being a disadvantaged student. Anything to get a higher chance of making selective

eternallyboreduser

HSC
N/A
On reports? Also I've heard that 20% of all selective spots will be reserved for disadvantaged student from low socioeconomic situations and Indigenous students. I'm not homeless or anything but I was wondering how one could "qualify" for being a disadvantaged student. Anything to get a higher chance of making selective
That only applies to y6 selective not rlly y8-11 entry

HSC
Hmmm all of them seem to take quite a while. Is there no other closer school?
The reason why Baulko takes so long is because I have to take a train to Parra then 601 to baulko, no near stations near baulko except for castle hill but that a metro station, going to the city takes abt the same time to go to baulko

HSC
When I was in primary i lived near baulko and directly opposite of a 610X bus stop that goes to the city. Now, that hs is important we moved somewhere that's abt an 1hr+ away from the closest selective schools

eternallyboreduser

HSC
N/A
When I was in primary i lived near baulko and directly opposite of a 610X bus stop that goes to the city. Now, that hs is important we moved somewhere that's abt an 1hr+ away from the closest selective schools
Uhhh that aint adding up, hs has become important so you moved further away from all the good schools?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)