Girra or Penrith? (1 Viewer)

eternallyboreduser

HSC
N/A
Js past papers? Also, my father doesn't want to spend too much money on past papers any free sites that you know of?
Theres not rlly any past papers available i dont think. But theres like the official website with practice qs and stuff just search up the sections of edutest and practice qs similar to it. Ive never done the edutest before so im not too sure but theres plenty of posts about it on here. I have heard that the qs are quite basic though, its just extremely time restrictive.

edwxnsamuel

HSC
To be honest, even though I will say that Girraween does have its flaws with helping students achieve their full potential that they enter the school with in Year 7, I think a lot of the rhetoric perpetuated here is very reflective of discussion that's happened for years.

Sure, "the teachers are bad," but realistically a lot of the time this is a bs copout excuse for students (who a lot of the time hardly put in the effort LMAOO) who should really be blaming themselves. The Girra math and science faculties are actually pretty good, can't say much about english ☠, and I didn't do social sciences so that's a different story bc idk. You could replace every teacher in Girra w a set of the "best teachers" and I guarantee Girra students will somehow find a way to call them dogshit.

I also don't think Girra cohorts are "objectively getting dumber," it's just stupid banter like "oh we're shit at english so don't try" and "oh it's the teachers not us☠☠" that usually is to blame for this. The administration at Girra could do a lotttt of work and so could some of the grassroot and development of students in Years 9 and 10, but a lot of the issues with Girra is student rhetoric and hustle, NOT mostly the teachers which you guys claim.

eternallyboreduser

HSC
N/A
To be honest, even though I will say that Girraween does have its flaws with helping students achieve their full potential that they enter the school with in Year 7, I think a lot of the rhetoric perpetuated here is very reflective of discussion that's happened for years.

Sure, "the teachers are bad," but realistically a lot of the time this is a bs copout excuse for students (who a lot of the time hardly put in the effort LMAOO) who should really be blaming themselves. The Girra math and science faculties are actually pretty good, can't say much about english ☠, and I didn't do social sciences so that's a different story bc idk. You could replace every teacher in Girra w a set of the "best teachers" and I guarantee Girra students will somehow find a way to call them dogshit.

I also don't think Girra cohorts are "objectively getting dumber," it's just stupid banter like "oh we're shit at english so don't try" and "oh it's the teachers not us☠☠" that usually is to blame for this. The administration at Girra could do a lotttt of work and so could some of the grassroot and development of students in Years 9 and 10, but a lot of the issues with Girra is student rhetoric and hustle, NOT mostly the teachers which you guys claim.
Yeah I definitely agree with that, compared to other schools, girra students (collectively, doesnt apply to every single student) are not as hard working ig. But as a student who did take the effort to try and learn content for a subject which i did not take tutoring for, the teacher I had was just downright bad and lazy, mans actually didn’t teach anything in class and just rambled on about random junk.

goodcat911

HSC

respectfully shooosh ur old prolly have dementia or smth and dont remember it. also i somewhat agree girra was actually decent up until like end of year 10 (2022). last year they replaced so many good experienced teachers mainly in english/hsie faculties with new, trash teachers (cant name names but some really good teachers left also in other faculties).

goodcat911

HSC
i do agree a bit tho ppl do tend to blame just the teachers and dont try at all, themselves but yea a lot has change since the year u graduated.

Average Boreduser

𝙱𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚍
HSC
respectfully shooosh ur old prolly have dementia or smth and dont remember it. also i somewhat agree girra was actually decent up until like end of year 10 (2022). last year they replaced so many good experienced teachers mainly in english/hsie faculties with new, trash teachers (cant name names but some really good teachers left also in other faculties).
if teachers are what ur looking for, priv is the way to go imo

Average Boreduser

𝙱𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚍
HSC
the thing w selecs: major cohort boost, competition etc. Only downside is the government not giving a crap ab facilities. ironic how they still give funding to schools charging students 40k/yr (and wasting it on a vanity castle- some of u know what im talking ab) instead of investing it into some of these selec schools that clearly need some work done.

goodcat911

HSC
the thing w selecs: major cohort boost, competition etc. Only downside is the government not giving a crap ab facilities. ironic how they still give funding to schools charging students 40k/yr (and wasting it on a vanity castle- some of u know what im talking ab) instead of investing it into some of these selec schools that clearly need some work done.
holy crap ur so based

edwxnsamuel

HSC
I mean considering I teach / have taught more than 20+ girras from the classes of 2023, 2024 and 2025, I wouldn't agree. Also my brother still goes to the school...

eternallyboreduser

HSC
N/A
The class I have is actually pretty decent, no sign of whatever you guys have been saying ab the class of 2025 lol.
Maybe the students you have are alright then, but i can say definitely that a good portion of the grade is pretty poor compared to other selective schools

eternallyboreduser

HSC
N/A
i think culture and society and studies of religion running is good enough merit that the grade is stupid bro
Ok but to be fair sor1 is only running cos most students dont wanna do extension 1 eng and do ext 1 math and need 1 more unit to have 12 total units

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)