Given an ultimatum that could change my future entirely...help? (1 Viewer)

Lentern

HSC
notsureifsrs
The great romances in history, Cleopatra and Mark Antony, Josephine and Napoleon, Oscar Wilde and Alfred Douglas, would never have occured in this age of pragmatism and caution. Great Love is about knowing that someone matters more to you than anything else in the world and being willing to throw caution to the wind in order to be with them.,

Annihilist

HSC
Love requires sacrifice I say follow your heart, go to Canberra. Just an image him proposing to you on a sunny autumn afternoon on the banks of lake Burley Griffin, the sun catching the water rippled by a gentle breeze. This is what you'll be throwing away if you don't go.
The great romances in history, Cleopatra and Mark Antony, Josephine and Napoleon, Oscar Wilde and Alfred Douglas, would never have occured in this age of pragmatism and caution. Great Love is about knowing that someone matters more to you than anything else in the world and being willing to throw caution to the wind in order to be with them.,

Pfft - idealism.

LadyLaLa

HSC
Love requires sacrifice I say follow your heart, go to Canberra. Just an image him proposing to you on a sunny autumn afternoon on the banks of lake Burley Griffin, the sun catching the water rippled by a gentle breeze. This is what you'll be throwing away if you don't go.
??? Well the second sacrifice "throwing away if you don't go" sounds a whole lot better then to go... Look the guy is selfish and inconsiderate that's the ultimate reason why you should let go of him.

Even if he matters more to her than anything else... does she matter more to him than anything else? I don't think so.

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
*Sniffle* Beautiful.

Lentern

HSC
??? Well the second sacrifice "throwing away if you don't go" sounds a whole lot better then to go... Look the guy is selfish and inconsiderate that's the ultimate reason why you should let go of him.
You watch your mouth, that's the love of her life you're talking about there.

Even if he matters more to her than anything else... does she matter more to him than anything else? I don't think so.
What kind of unromantic twit are you? Did you read Wuthering Heights and think "She's not worth it Heathcliffe, just move on if she is even considering marrying Linton she clearly doesn't love you enough."

Annihilist

HSC
You watch your mouth, that's the love of her life you're talking about there.

What kind of unromantic twit are you? Did you read Wuthering Heights and think "She's not worth it Heathcliffe, just move on if she is even considering marrying Linton she clearly doesn't love you enough."
I think you're overrating romance and love a bit.

Annihilist

HSC
Love is everything
I disagree entirely. Love is a social construct. Love is arbitrary and ambiguous at best. It was a concept created by man and therefore it only means what we want it to mean. By that logic it is meaningless.

I'm skeptical of even the existence of love in itself. Who can truly say that they "love"? Especially of another human being. I think that most of the time "true love" is neither "true" not "love"; merely an illusion of love, with other emotions such as desire, pity, compassion or admiration, and subtle combinations of many other emotions, being mistaken for "love". For this reason I also completely disbelieve in "unconditional love". "Love", as we define it, is always conditional, even if the conditions are not evident.

Lentern

HSC
I disagree entirely. Love is a social construct. Love is arbitrary and ambiguous at best. It was a concept created by man and therefore it only means what we want it to mean. By that logic it is meaningless.

I'm skeptical of even the existence of love in itself. Who can truly say that they "love"? Especially of another human being. I think that most of the time "true love" is neither "true" not "love"; merely an illusion of love, with other emotions such as desire, pity, compassion or admiration, and subtle combinations of many other emotions, being mistaken for "love". For this reason I also completely disbelieve in "unconditional love". "Love", as we define it, is always conditional, even if the conditions are not evident.
Tosser.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
"love is a social construct"

Among the stupider things you've said. And that's saying something.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
what is love?

bby don't hurt me don't hurt me no more

Galapagos

HSC
N/A
what is love?

bby don't hurt me don't hurt me no more
lol.

to OP: Do what you feel is the right decision, but remember that you will have to live with the consequences. BTW this guy just sounds like an a-hole to me. Totes not worth your time. But then again that's easy for me to say cuz I'm not emotionally involved.

Lentern

HSC
lol.

to OP: Do what you feel is the right decision, but remember that you will have to live with the consequences. BTW this guy just sounds like an a-hole to me. Totes not worth your time. But then again that's easy for me to say cuz I'm not emotionally involved.
You don't know his circumstances. The agony of being in love and not knowing if the relationship is going to survive a certain impasse can be so intense as to make a person hastily bring it to end, just to get some certainty. They don't do it because they want it to end, but because they just couldn't endure a protracted break down of the relationship. You might say "well they were stupid, they could have saved it if they worked hard" but the thing is in retrospect they agree, it can be a hasty, ill judged decision brought on by the unholy mythic powers of love and they go on to regret it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)