• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Giving away one GMail invite... (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RCMasterAA

I vant to suck your blood
HSC
If you've been keeping track of GMail then you'll know that several sites have popped up where people beg for gmail accounts. Well it just so happens that I have two more invites in my account to give away now and I'm gonna give one of them to a lucky BoS user.
You don't have to offer me anything (much) though something would be nice (not money). An explanation why you want the account and whatever you're offering will be enough.
And please, no 'omg gmail scans ur mail!!!!!!11' stuff here - we know, get over it.

RCMasterAA

HSC
http://gmail.google.com/gmail/help/about.html
And I reiterate, please no discussion about the actual thing, it's been talked about to death.
Originally posted by Winston
Yeah scans it based on whats inside your email then they start emailing you stuff related to what they scanned out.

I'm gonna have to stop you there Winston. I get no spam e-mail to my account and Gmail doesn't e-mail me any advertising.

Khewit

Blam!
HSC
u can give it to me coz im a newbie and ppl like giving free stuff to n00bs :D

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by RCMasterAA

I'm gonna have to stop you there Winston. I get no spam e-mail to my account and Gmail doesn't e-mail me any advertising.
I didn't particularly say it does send you advertising... well most probably not now... but i know that other users have experienced the same issues, of having other e-mail sent to them.

RCMasterAA

HSC
Originally posted by Winston
I didn't particularly say it does send you advertising... well most probably not now... but i know that other users have experienced the same issues, of having other e-mail sent to them.
Well all it does now is show ads on the side and you don't really notice them as is how it has always done. I think the about section of Gmail tells you that that's the extent of their operations. And here's a pic of it in action. As you can see, the server probably just found the words, ski, accomodation, etc and put up the ads.

ANYWAY...please no more talk. I'm anxious to give out this invite, let's watch :)

HSC
pick me! pick me!...i wouldn't mind having a 1gig email account, i would use it to store my.....um..po.r.... portrait..collection :rolleyes:...:uhhuh:

Winston

HSC
Well all it does now is show ads on the side and you don't really notice them as is how it has always done. I think the about section of Gmail tells you that that's the extent of their operations. And here's a pic of it in action. As you can see, the server probably just found the words, ski, accomodation, etc and put up the ads.

ANYWAY...please no more talk. I'm anxious to give out this invite, let's watch :)
u using the Corona theme? :S...

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
give to me...i am willing to perform sexual favours:p

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
you know, spymac have free 1 gig email....

I suggest you all use fastmail.fm, support australian companies!!

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC

lol, the text ads are acctually quite useful

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
isn't it free for all to join? i was going to join before.. but maybe i really wasn't

T

timbk2

can i have the invite?

im one of the developers of this place...

it'd be nice to get something in return... =(

hehe

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
I have been following Gmail. I am a member of Orkut, so maybe you would like an invite to that?

I have to question how you maanged to procure 3 invites, though. I wouldn't expect Google's automated mailing system to make such an error.

RCMasterAA

HSC
Actually I've had up to 5 invites in my possesion now. I got two at first which I gave to my closest friends and now have had three more, one of which has been given to my cousin = two left.
Oh and I'm already a member of Orkut, keep trying though ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)