Global dot point..HELP!! (1 Viewer)

ali#c

There was a dot point we didnt cover in class, and my teacher says dont worry about it..but i would like to know coz its in the syllabus!! It's not in any of my resources, so i was wondering if i could have someones notes on it. cheers.

The TWO dot points are at the global business:

- Evaluation - strategies with reference to a particular global market
- Modifications of strategies according to chnages in global market.

THANKYOU!!:)

Nupil

HSC
N/A
... Um ...

Well first - shouldn't this be in the general business studies forum? Because that way more people can help you with it - I don't think most actually go to these "HSC Advice Line" boards ....

but I'll try to help.

Evaluation:
It's basically as if you were evaluating any aspect of the business (ie: the control stage of the planning/management process.) In evaluating the strategies the business measures their performance in the global market and then compares their performance to performance of other companies, over the years ... and most importantly to their OBJECTIVES. The syllabus is asking you to account for the strategies the global business uses to meet it's objectives - and does it actually achieve them? And if the business is not meeting the objectives - Why not? What can they do about it? This is the final aspect - taking action to correct performance if necessary.

Make sense? In short:

Measure actual performance ------> Compare performance (and thus the strategies in achieving company goals ---------> taking actiont to achieve goals.

Modifications:
Basically once the business has done the above evaluation of its self - they need to take action. Basically this is just asking ... how has a business changed its strategy overseas because of chagned conditins overseas?

I hope that helped - and though they're just small dot points ... they're obviously important to a business as it's what keeps them with their competitive advantage - constantly re-evaluating themself.

But truly-in-bliss ... if you're reading this; do you think it should be moved to the main forum incase anyone else has some better stuff to add?

Ta ra.

steven_tiger

if you have the Business Studies HSC text book, written by Sykes, Hansen and Codsi, this point is covered using a case study. Country Road.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)