- Aug 17, 2004
Post ur LCMD 4 Global Enviroment here.
- Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999 environment includes all aspects of the surroundings of human beings, whether affecting human beings as individuals or in social gatherings”.
- International Convention for the Regulation of Whaling 1946
- International Conventions for the Prevention of Pollution of the Sea by Oil 1954
- Antarctic Treaty 1959
- Stockholm Declaration
- Agenda 21
- Convention on Biodiversity
- Crown v Murphy 1990 64 ALJR 593
- Dissenting Judgement Douglas J Sierra Club v Rogers C B Morton, 405 US 727(Supreme Court US 1972) “the voice of the existing beneficiaries of these environmental wonders should be heard”… “Those in articulate members of the ecological group cannot speak”
- Darker Shade of Green 1999 ‘Review of Books’ “[the anthropocentric view] assumes the natural world is something we own, and has value because of its use to us f in the same way telephones are of use” Whereas those with an ecocentric view “believe nature has an intrinsic value, [it] is not there for human beings to use, let alone make deals over”.
- Should Trees have Standing by Christopher Stone