Global warming occuring faster than predicted (2 Viewers)

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
iamsickofyear12 said:
...and that would be a fairly reasonable argument if it was possible to stop cyclical climate change.
This isn't cyclical climate change. Sea levels don't rise 1 to 10 metres in 50 years under "cyclical climate change".

boris said:
Thanks badquinfaggot. That is not a ramification. What will a warming globe do? Melt ice which will raise the sea level by a metre? This is good in my opinion. What else? Make cold places more temperate? Good thing. More tropicalisms? Goood. Bad things include, less polar bears.........less eskimos.....??? profit.
There's some coverage of that here: http://www.ens-newswire.com/ens/sep2008/2008-09-22-02.asp

Basically: dry areas turn into mega-droughts and deserts, wet areas get flooded and battered by super-storms and hurricanes, lots of coastal places world-wide sink, lots of plantlife and animal life dies out (including crops), and there's a high chance of a triggering a run-away greenhouse effect similar to the conditions that made the dinosaurs extinct.

Needless to say, any one of those factors alone would cause trillions of dollars of damage and cause the movement of tens of millions of refugees. That's not something you just sit on and say "chillaxe mahn, it's all good".

HSC
N/A
Trefoil said:
Needless to say, any one of those factors alone would cause trillions of dollars of damage and cause the movement of tens of millions of refugees. That's not something you just sit on and say "chillaxe mahn, it's all good".
Or...we could just think that you are a gullible shit

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Main Concern: Islander (i.e. Tonga, Samoa) refugees moving to Australia not racist.

Do we really need MORE of them?

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
Josip Broz Tito said:
Or...we could just think that you are a gullible shit
Um, you could, but it's tantamount to sticking your fingers in your ears and screaming at the person trying to explain why that cancer you have is bad for your health and needs to be removed.

HSC
N/A
but when your doctor gives you a diagnosis for cancer, it is already established that such a sickness actually exists whilst global warming is some pile of bullshit. no comparisons can be drawn with the two

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
Josip Broz Tito said:
but when your doctor gives you a diagnosis for cancer, it is already established that such a sickness actually exists whilst global warming is some pile of bullshit. no comparisons can be drawn with the two
Global warming was 'diagnosed' a while ago, champ. People like you who deny it because they think they know better than science are in the minority.

You can read about the diagnosis here: http://www.ipcc.ch/ipccreports/ar4-wg1.htm

Or take a look at the link I originally provided at the start of this thread which covers the fact that the ice sheets are melting at an alarmingly fast rate: http://www.physorg.com/news147232247.html

Wheelbarrows

Banned
HSC
why exactly do you guys care? it isn't going to significantly affect you in your lifetime is it?

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
Will Shakespear said:
question for climate change deniers...

if the warming is part of a natural cycle, what is causing this cycle?

Then why is other planets in our solar system heating up?

answer: god is mad at this solar system

badquinton304

HSC
Wheelbarrows said:
why exactly do you guys care? it isn't going to significantly affect you in your lifetime is it?
Perhaps not but it will affect my children selfish one.

badquinton304

HSC
chicky_pie said:
Then why is other planets in our solar system heating up?

answer: god is mad at this solar system
Venus is shrouded in CO2 which is why it keeps getting hotter. Mmmmm you're tears are so yummy.

Wheelbarrows

Banned
HSC
badquinton304 said:
Perhaps not but it will affect my children selfish one.
probably not. it'll probably affect your grandchildren, but as if you give a fuck about them?!?!

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
Wheelbarrows said:
Um, considering I don't plan to die in the next 10 years, yes it is. :rolleyes:

Regardless, that's a stunningly short-sighted and selfish stance to take.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
...and that would be a fairly reasonable argument if it was possible to stop cyclical climate change.
Shuttup :shy:

Nah but liek, not entirely cyclic...or something...

*runs*

HSC
well

ive been trying to work out which side to take for a while

in the end

fuck this "global warming" bullshit

isnt having a negative impact on the environment a just reason to reduce our fossil fuel consumption??? and waste full lifestyles???

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
There are cycles of climate change.

Cyclical events are, however, generally very gradual or, if they have a short temporal scale, they're not very extensive.

This is fast and very extensive; this is not a part of the normal cyclical climate patterns.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
You say that like, a billion times in each of these threads.

You'd think people would get the point.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
You say that like, a billion times in each of these threads.

You'd think people would get the point.
None of the people in these threads that deny AGW/ACC have any knowledge of any of the science or scientific principles. They categorically do not understand, and nor do they wish to.

Typical of conspiracy theorists.

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
Kwayera said:
None of the people in these threads that deny AGW/ACC have any knowledge of any of the science or scientific principles. They categorically do not understand, and nor do they wish to.

Typical of conspiracy theorists.
I think that's the key point - they don't want to understand the science behind global warming, because it would threaten their denial stance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)