Globalisation Question (1 Viewer)

HSC
hey.. can someone please explain this question, i still dont get it.

Which of the following describes the impact of the EU trade policies on Aus. trade with the EU countries?

A Greater export volumes to the EU at higher prices.
B Lower Export volumes to EU at higher prices
C Greater export volumes to EU at lower prices
D Lower export voumes to EU at lower prices

the answer is D .. but i dont get it .. -_-"

Thanks...

Cheers !

1qaz2wsxokm

HSC
Which of the following describes the impact of the EU trade policies on Aus. trade with the EU countries?

LOL dnt tel me u go 2 chelthnam if ya live in eppin n ya a female =P! lol do u do u??? anywayz in response 2 ya q...The relationship b/w eu n aus have decline historically due to the agricultural subsidies imposed by the EU due to non member countries such as aus! thus, due to the trading restrictions imposed by the EU wid these agricultural policies we have chnaged the direction of trade dfrom the 1980z where we traded mostly with the EU to more of our asian partnerz that we trade with currently! Thus this reduces EXPORT VOLUMES to the EU and lower prices since subsidies have imposed the farmers in EU to lower the price leadin 2 aus 2 compete with EVEN lower prices! do u get it now =) hop i helped...

Always

HSC
EU member countries have a Common Agricultural Policy (CAP) which means their agriculture industries are all heavily subsidised. This allows farmers to significantly lower the price of the goods and therefore makes them more competitive on the global market. It makes it difficult for countries such as Australia to compete with these nations and in order to sell our agricultural exports we must sell it at a more competitive price (ie. lowering the price). We all sell less of it because of the increased competition.

HSC
1qaz2wsxokm said:

LOL dnt tel me u go 2 chelthnam if ya live in eppin n ya a female =P! lol do u do u??? anywayz in response 2 ya q.....

thanks .. Yes i do go to chelto ! XD

cHeers

HSC
ohh hahaha ..

You must be TimothyA.'s Eco class right? ... is he still coming first in eco?

havnet seen him for ages =P

tC

lilkiwicutie89

1qaz2wsxokm

HSC
ahahahah TIM AN! gunna kil dat guy =P! yeshh he is kinda! r u da asian gurl who got 99% in da half yearlies?? lol yea i kno tim hez in ma class! lolzz howd u kno himz? n howd ya kno hez comin 1st =P!

*Ninny-mole*

The Power Is Yours...
HSC
To put it simply...The answer is D because the EU is a selective trading group (they are a form of trading bloc) and have an arrangement to trade (cheaper) goods with the countries in the EU. Australia is excluded from this agreement, and therefore, it is more costly for Australia to trade with them. This is one reason why the direction of Australia's trade has shifted from European countries (namely Britain) to Asian countries (which Aust. has formed trade agreements with) in the past century. I think that's about it...

HSC
1qaz2wsxokm said:
ahahahah TIM AN! gunna kil dat guy =P! yeshh he is kinda! r u da asian gurl who got 99% in da half yearlies?? lol yea i kno tim hez in ma class! lolzz howd u kno himz? n howd ya kno hez comin 1st =P!

heys .. haha .. nah hes too nice to kill right? i'm azn. but no.. i wish ...
how i know him is sorta random lolz... * giiggles * but yeah... how many people in your school do eco? .. AND are they all azn???? haha my class only one blonde my buddy Deano lolz..

you know its quite funny even though we are brother/sister school our schools never interact.. haha .. ironic in a way actually!

tC xoxo

1qaz2wsxokm

HSC
ahaha ob coursee hez 2 nice 2 kil -.- =P! yesh most of da pplz r asian =P! hehe lyk dere r like 3 curriz 1 aussie n all da rest asianz =P! hehehe!

around 30 do eco in our skool and about 50 do business..lolz yea i kno! eppin n chelto do nuttin!! ish stooopid! 1ce in a blue moon dances, n competitionz yea like we care =P! hahaha! buh yeaa! lol

wud tim kno ya if i tel him ya name??? if so wat is it =P!

HSC
1qaz2wsxokm said:
ahaha ob coursee hez 2 nice 2 kil -.- =P! yesh most of da pplz r asian =P! hehe lyk dere r like 3 curriz 1 aussie n all da rest asianz =P! hehehe!

around 30 do eco in our skool and about 50 do business..lolz yea i kno! eppin n chelto do nuttin!! ish stooopid! 1ce in a blue moon dances, n competitionz yea like we care =P! hahaha! buh yeaa! lol

wud tim kno ya if i tel him ya name??? if so wat is it =P!

=PPP

gnrlies

HSC
Crikey...

Whatever happened to the english language

HSC
mh.. yeah i guess smilies tell them all hey?/

i saw TIM todayyy =]

still coming firsttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)