globalisation (1 Viewer)

inchcape

HSC
N/A
i have been asked to do an essay on globalisation, i need to write good points and bad points about it, i do not know very much about it and would realy appretiate some help on the subject. thanks

myg0t

myg0t
HSC
errr start off with a definition found about everywhere
good: lower prices, increased competition, increased efficiency, harmonious practices between nations (see notes re: reasons for expansion - u can relate them)
bad: some countries get barred from the globalisatoin process, may lead to collapse of some aust. businesses, may lead to tensions between countries

meh who cares im finished business 4 ever

inchcape

HSC
N/A
thanu for ur reply, however as i have not done alot on globalistion (only 1-2 lessons on it) i am still confused about how these are good points and bad points for a business being global. for example how is there lower prices just because a business is global, and how is increased competition a good thing/point of globalisation, please could someone give some definitions on how the points that the person made above who i am very gratefull to are good and bad.

A2RAYA

You've done us proud boys
HSC
myg0t said:
errr start off with a definition found about everywhere
good: lower prices, increased competition, increased efficiency, harmonious practices between nations (see notes re: reasons for expansion - u can relate them)
bad: some countries get barred from the globalisatoin process, may lead to collapse of some aust. businesses, may lead to tensions between countries

meh who cares im finished business 4 ever
good pts: exposure to new markets, increase market share, increase profit+sales levels....if u really want to sound smart throw in economies of scale and cushioning of the economic life cycle in there too ;)

bad pts: can be risky, expensive, loans need to be taken out which can be a burden on the business, the language, social, political and cultural differences involved with expanding to another country, bla bla bla

easy

inchcape

HSC
N/A
thanu for the points but could anyone tell me, y r these good and bad points, as i said b4 i have only started this topic and dont know much at all about it. this is the first time i have done about globalisation, so could someone please tell me y r these good and bad points, and how do they affect the business and people around.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Can't you see you're killing the hsc euphoria? Besides, you don't do global in prelim...

inchcape

HSC
N/A
i dont understand what you mean but all i want to know is, for example is there increased efficiency just because the company is global ect.

sorry if my other question is not clear but i havent been doing the topic very long and im new to this forum writing and asking.

inchcape

HSC
N/A
lol srry i didnt realise it wasnt in the bus studies forum, but anyway thanks for all the help from everyone, and especialy without wings defining some of the problems that i had with this topic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)