Gloria Jeans (1 Viewer)

j@son

HSC
Hi
Can someone please give me some advise on what type of questions to expect at an interview with gloria jeans. Also what would be appropriate to wear to an interview with gloria jeans?

Thanks in advance.

Skeeta

HSC
I turned up to my interview hungover. It was winter and i wore a chic blazer and plain pants. Wear the sort of thing you'd wear to church or to a relatives for a birthday. They asked me my previous experiences with food, what i knew of gloria jeans so far, if i was a clean/messy person.. some personality trait stuff.

Just be really talkative and friendly and you should be fine. Thats all they really want - they can teach you everything else.

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
I went with black tops & pants,, made to wait about 20mins, then got asked a few random Qs about myself, GJ, food, coffee etc.

Went for the trial shift, and decided not to go there because the people there are unfriendly, cbf to teach and make a new person feel welcome.

Now finger crossed for max brenner. =]

CieL

HSC
mitsui said:
I went with black tops & pants,, made to wait about 20mins, then got asked a few random Qs about myself, GJ, food, coffee etc.

Went for the trial shift, and decided not to go there because the people there are unfriendly, cbf to teach and make a new person feel welcome.

Now finger crossed for max brenner. =]
It sucks when you have employees like that... It was like how I worked at Kobe Jones [king st wharf]... and majority of the staff were Japanese girls and they'd babble in Japanese to each other making other people feel inferior - unless you were male =.= Not to mention it was my first table waiting experience and they treated me like I was supposed to become a professional within walking around with them for one night.. as in, know the menu off by heart [and all the ingredients and what they're made of in each food] already, the whole 20pg booklet of wines, and which wines were sold in glasses and which in bottles ONLY.. then when I say, "I dont know", they'd go whinge to the manager that they dont know how to train me cos I dont know jack shit..

Go work at Parra max brenner and I'll ummmm clean your store out :D

spangacrab

HSC
Worked at Michels Patisserie, very similar, sucked hardcore because of crappy employees being unfriendly. And no, i was nice to them just about all the time, got offered a job at Target 5 months later and it is 200000% better, managers rock aswell.

Morale of the story, get a job at Target.

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
It's really your luck,, My job at Woolies was really fun because it was a new store with everyone new and playing around lol.

I was so disappointed, was really looking forward to work for GJ.

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
I have applied for Starbucks,but none of the stores ever reply. Damns.

booties4

HSC
The people who own a Gloria Jenas are usually laid back...heck i didnt even have an interview! I just handed in my resume then a week later i got called in for a trial shift and they told me i got the job. Best Job ever!

skinnyjeans2006

*PrEtTy PiCtuRe*
HSC
I went for a job 2 years ago & im still working there. My tips are;

1.Look neat and tidy
2.Talk about how u can communicate well with people eg. You like working in a team environment.
3.They prob ask you "What can you bring to our store"..think up some good anwsers.
4. Be pleasent, and dont seem to up yourself

With those tips, you will be sure to have a look in! :)

HSC
pretty sure the pay will vary from store to store depending on what the owners want to pay you. I'm 18 and i get $12.20 at the gloria jeans I'm at.

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
I showed up wearing a black long sleeve shirt that had some gold painted pattern on the sleeves, plain black pants and black shoes. I dunno if I got the job yet cos I only had my interview today but they seemed impressed.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
i applied for a new gloria jeans thats about to open near me, havent heard anything back from them yet so when they do actually open i might just pop by with ze resume methinks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)