Goals/Things I should do in the 2-week holidays? (1 Viewer)

ms_grape_taco

HSC
Hello everyone,

I feel like for most year 12 students these holidays are just going to be about studying, but I'm not quite sure what that studying actually means. I go to tutoring so I have covered the next term's worth of content already but idk:
1. how to remember everything until we do it in class?
2. What type of resources/exercises/activities/past papers/questions I should be doing (in case I want to save them for later until my exam)?
3. How to actually do meaningful revision without spamming questions?
4. (potentially) what to do if you run out of questions?

These are subjects and the rough goals but idk how to achieve them to put myself in a better position for next term?
- English Standard: focusing on All the Light We Cannot See and some creative writing.
- Math Ext 1 + Ext 2: idk what to do (like how should i structure my revision instead of just spamming past papers/questions?)
- Chemistry/Biology/Physics: idk what to do other that questions.
- Economics: just reviewing/rewriting notes/going ahead but honestly I'm just clueless about eco.

Please ehlp!

ms_grape_taco

HSC
nahh i did accelerated maths advanced + mathx ext 1

so it boils down to 11 units anyway

(i wrote maths ext 1 coz my teachers say to keep revising it for ext 2 but yeah)

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
is there a reason u aren't dropping anything then? I'm assuming u did well for ext 1 math since ur not repeating?

ms_grape_taco

HSC
is there a reason u aren't dropping anything then? I'm assuming u did well for ext 1 math since ur not repeating?
To a certain extent, I like all my subjects.... and so far my results in all of these subjects are fluctuating so idk

I guess when I look back, I would rather do everything than feel bad for "missing out" on a certain subject

How's your holiday studying going?

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

HSC
I wouldn't rewrite notes for economics, a bit pointless (in my opinion) if you want to improve your understanding of the content. There are better ways to achieve this. When you are 'spamming past papers/questions' make sure you review/mark your work and look into why you made this or that mistake. My experiences of friends, no one I know that accelerated mx1 focused on/revised it again after the hsc, I wouldn't say you need to continue revising it for mx2, that's my opinion though.

ms_grape_taco

HSC
How would recommend revision for economics? Especially for eco essay writing and being able to create essay plans off the spot?

Average Boreduser

𝙱𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚍
HSC
Hello everyone,

I feel like for most year 12 students these holidays are just going to be about studying, but I'm not quite sure what that studying actually means. I go to tutoring so I have covered the next term's worth of content already but idk:
2. What type of resources/exercises/activities/past papers/questions I should be doing (in case I want to save them for later until my exam)?

These are subjects and the rough goals but idk how to achieve them to put myself in a better position for next term?
- English Standard: focusing on All the Light We Cannot See and some creative writing.
- Math Ext 1 + Ext 2: idk what to do (like how should i structure my revision instead of just spamming past papers/questions?)
- Economics: just reviewing/rewriting notes/going ahead but honestly I'm just clueless about eco.

Please ehlp!
1. Active recall
2. Past papers
3. Depends on the subject
4. Find more (which I highly doubt you'd really run out given thsc has like 120 exams for each core subject in yr 12 and 11

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

HSC
How would recommend revision for economics? Especially for eco essay writing and being able to create essay plans off the spot?
Depends what you're trying to achieve. If memorisation of content is your goal, flashcards or active recall should be fine. If it's essays, I think the best thing to do is know your content or try writing a bunch of essay plans to practice questions.

That just has to do with knowing your content/syllabus back to front. For me however, all my essays were planned and memorised for the hsc. Some people might say that's luck though.

HSC
Depends what you're trying to achieve. If memorisation of content is your goal, flashcards or active recall should be fine. If it's essays, I think the best thing to do is know your content or try writing a bunch of essay plans to practice questions.

That just has to do with knowing your content/syllabus back to front. For me however, all my essays were planned and memorised for the hsc. Some people might say that's luck though.
How would you go about learning the content by yourself for the first time? Did you use the textbook and make notes or videos etc.?

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

HSC
How would you go about learning the content by yourself for the first time? Did you use the textbook and make notes or videos etc.?
In January holidays last year I went through the whole syllabus essentially for the first time. I mainly used the textbook and then watched videos whenever I didn't understand a concept. I also used other people's notes I had acquired. I didn't find much use in writing notes but everyone has their own process.

Last edited:

x___y

HSC
Hello everyone,

Please ehlp!
relax bro plenty of time

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)