• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Goals4>yR12< (1 Viewer)

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Lol, i have never failed a maths test or assessment or exam in my whole life, surprisingly i have at least passed all my english exams as well. :)

P

pLuvia

i've only failed a geography test :p and the preliminary chemistry yearly :)

klaw

HSC
kadlil said:
you remember the exact percentage?
yes coz it was a pretty big shock to me. I was able to ace through yr 1-10 without doing any work and minimal attention in class. I expected the same for my first prelim 3U assessment, and I sat there looking through the Qs and I was like "wwwwwwttttttttfffffffffffffffffffffffffffff????" I only managed to get one question right or something

P

pLuvia

klaw said:
yes coz it was a pretty big shock to me. I was able to ace through yr 1-10 without doing any work and minimal attention in class. I expected the same for my first prelim 3U assessment, and I sat there looking through the Qs and I was like "wwwwwwttttttttfffffffffffffffffffffffffffff????" I only managed to get one question right or something
you learnt your lesson?

Always

HSC
kerfuffle said:
I do 12 units.
*laughs* You're not the only one with a stupid reason for staying in a class. I kept English Extension 1 (which I passed - just) so I could watch Pride and Prejudice.
I don't blame you. :p

Tennille said:
I though maths extension 1 wouldn't count for me considering that most of my raw marks were in the 50s and 60s (my trial mark was in the low 70s). Even for the exam, I think I only got in the 60s at the most (I didn't even bother with question 7). But I got scaled up to the 80s and it ended up going towards my UAI.
For the UAI I'm aiming for, I need to get in the 90's for all my subjects. That's why I think math ext. may be futile for me.

Bookie said:
You are all clearly Asian.

Having said that, I hear that the Advanced exam has a creative writing section. My analytical skills suck ass [pun intended], but I reckon I'll beast the creatie writing. How hard could it possibly be to get a Band 6?
I'm not asian. ;)

The creative writing section is in the AOS paper which is common to both Standard and Advanced.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
klaw said:
Hehe, it sucks how your acing suddenly stops when you wished it would continue on right through the hsc year... :rolleyes:

Bookie

Banned
HSC
always said:
For the UAI I'm aiming for, I need to get in the 90's for all my subjects. That's why I think math ext. may be futile for me.

I'm not asian.

The creative writing section is in the AOS paper which is common to both Standard and Advanced.
Ok, so you're not Asian. But if you are aiming to get 98 [unless I have taken the meaning your magic number of 98 in the wrong way], i'm pretty sure you dont need 90+ in all your subjects. Man, dont the people who get 90+s in all their subjects get low 99s at the least?

I wanna get 98 as well to get into journo at Sydney, but I'm fairly sure I wont need 90s in all subjects [nor will I get that].

P

pLuvia

I'm pretty sure you will need 10 units in the 90s AT LEAST to get the 97-100 range

P

pLuvia

To get into the 97s 98s? Well it probably depends how well you did in your 8 units then? and how bad was your other 2 units

Let's say, in your 8 units you get average of 95 - 96
2 unit - 85 - 89, probably, but it's a guess

Always

HSC
Bookie said:
But if you are aiming to get 98 [unless I have taken the meaning your magic number of 98 in the wrong way], i'm pretty sure you dont need 90+ in all your subjects. Man, dont the people who get 90+s in all their subjects get low 99s at the least?
I need to get over 90 in all my subjects apart from english. And you're right, there's no need for 90+ marks in all 10 units for a 98 UAI.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
I would be ecstatic if i could just get 90+ in maths x 1 and 2. :cool:

Bookie

Banned
HSC
kadlil said:
To get into the 97s 98s? Well it probably depends how well you did in your 8 units then? and how bad was your other 2 units

Let's say, in your 8 units you get average of 95 - 96
2 unit - 85 - 89, probably, but it's a guess
Well I'm guessing 96/97s for MX1 and 2
About 90 for Physics and English
And 85ish for Economics.

always said:
I need to get over 90 in all my subjects apart from english. And you're right, there's no need for 90+ marks in all 10 units for a 98 UAI.
you do standard English eh? I'd screw business if I was you. Shit subject if ever I've seen one.

klaw

HSC
Always said:
I feel so lost when studying for english, and so unprepared walking into the exam room. How does one study for english besides read texts over and over? Ultimately, you never know what the essay question will be and it always throws me off track. Thus, I feel as though I'm stuck in a rut for english and there's little more I can do to improve.
Just write practice essays and remember to use a thesaurus when writing it: www.thesaurus.com.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
kadlil said:
I would be estatic if I got in the 80s for english :p
Same, but overwhelmed if i somehow pull off a 90+ which would never happen XD

klaw

HSC
Smart_Dunce said:
klaw
1 question right?
yes, I got 1 Q right. I was so shocked for the rest of the day that I could not walk or talk properly.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
English - 80s most likely, might hit the jackpot at 90..?
Mathematics Extension 1 - 95+ probably. 90+ very likely based on past school results.
Mathematics Extension 2 - 90+ probably.
Chemistry - based on past school results: 85-90. Aiming for 90+ though.
Physics - based on past school results: 85-90. Also aiming for 90+.
Biology - probably 80-85. Miracle if I can manage 90+.
Target UAI: 97+

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)