Godbrother godsister (1 Viewer)

Cyborgsanta

HSC
What the hell does this title infer when people say he's my godbrother? I mean isn;t it what christians use. but i've noticed it's been used so vainly now and has degraded the title.

Cyborgsanta

HSC
Yeah thats in terms of catholic/christian relationships. but there's this new trend that it liks a firend thats closer than a best friend but not as much as a bf, i dunno i'm confusing myself.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
I dont use it, but I'd guess your godparents children? I dunno, I call my godparents auntie and uncle...

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Why would people call others godsister/bro if they weren't the kids of their godparents?

I have godparents (Greek Orthodox tradition) and I call their kids my god bro and sis because they are. I don't get how the title has been degraded but then again I am not really religious, I also have only heard people using in the same sense as I do.

Cyborgsanta

HSC
Yeah, but the term now is being used for a person who is closer to you then a friend. It has lost it's real emaning as a religious factor, and been used now by people to say best best friends or somwething similar to that.

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
Cyborgsanta said:
Yeah, but the term now is being used for a person who is closer to you then a friend. It has lost it's real emaning as a religious factor, and been used now by people to say best best friends or somwething similar to that.
I know what you mean. Like it's mainly used by "typical" asians where they classify a really good friend as if they were their own blood .. I agree that it's lost all it's true meaning and I think that's idiotic.

I mean yeah sure you're good friends or whatnot, but take another fucking name.

Cyborgsanta

HSC
Ooh that. yeah i suspected it would be that, i hate people who use that word so commonly now. it's bullshit

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
melsc said:
Why would people call others godsister/bro if they weren't the kids of their godparents?

I have godparents (Greek Orthodox tradition) and I call their kids my god bro and sis because they are. I don't get how the title has been degraded but then again I am not really religious, I also have only heard people using in the same sense as I do.
I've never heard it used any other way than that:S

alby

cool duckie
HSC
same
my godbrother/sister are my cousins so i dont i've never used the terms..but if there's no other relationship, of course you use it

anyone who calls someone else their godbrother/sister should be kicked in the nuts, imo. why not just say they're a really close friend or something? stupid

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
lol religious faggots itt "god" RICHARD DAWKINS have u heard of him???????????????? no, maphaps you should learn about,

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Godbrother/sister: Friend who I'd like to fuck but would be too complicated to get into a relationship with, thereby they're 'close'.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)