going Canada (1 Viewer)

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
hey just letting you guys know that MQ accepted me to Carleton Uni for next semester, and as long as Carleton accepts (which should be ok, right???) ill be spending summer in winter! :D

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
do you mean why did i pick Canada or why did i pick to go Carleton Uni???

i wanted to go Denmark, but it was too hard finding info about the courses they offered. so i picked Canada. mainly because it seemed nice, ppl appear to be friendly and they have snow!

i wanted Carleton because i found they offered psych and the hr units i would be doing if i was at MQ, and from what ive seen on their website, it looks pretty good

^___^
HSC
ah fair enough;

i'm thinking of exchanging to either Univ California - Berkeley or Massachusetts Inst Tech (MIT) *cough*cough*

*coughs harder*

but seriously, i wouldnt mind going anywhere for exchange(apart from china/HK), and it SHOULD be fleixble for me since my degree is basically computing, and more computing

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
i didn't want to go to America because you have to be 21 to drink. Canada its 18 or 19 depending on where you are. i did some extra research :D

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
my cuz lives in Vancouver...i wouldnt mind University of British Columbia
but i dont think they have actuarial :(

HSC
N/A
fornstar said:
do you mean why did i pick Canada or why did i pick to go Carleton Uni???

i wanted to go Denmark, but it was too hard finding info about the courses they offered. so i picked Canada. mainly because it seemed nice, ppl appear to be friendly and they have snow!

i wanted Carleton because i found they offered psych and the hr units i would be doing if i was at MQ, and from what ive seen on their website, it looks pretty good
Not to mention they speak English in Canada :D

Note for all those who are thinking about travelling to a non-english speaking country: Have a backup language, or invest in mime lessons!!! lol

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
That cool,
BTW, it says tat we need to show that we did some research...so is tat mean, we have to know wat units that we want to take with the host institution or just some brief idea of the course title. And wat else we need to research on about apart from the expenses n stuffs. And it seems like, we need to provide a min of 2 choices of places that we want to go on for exchange (BTW, i wanna apply for the short term exchange, trying to do it online). So i'm a bit lost now, and I sent a request to my tutor, to get a reference from her...but she's not gonna come back until 26th, while the due date is 1OCT...

So how long did it take you to complete all the relevant parts? Did u do it by online application or the traditional form?

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
i did it over the net. it doesn't take that long. yeah you need a minimum of two uni's you want to go to and you need to find out about some units you want to do, but that doesn't mean you have to do them

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
glitterfairy said:
Not to mention they speak English in Canada :D

Note for all those who are thinking about travelling to a non-english speaking country: Have a backup language, or invest in mime lessons!!! lol
actually there are parts of Canada were they speak mainly french

X

xeuyrawp

Bah. Only some uni in Michigan does egypt, and they haven't got Cambridge on that list.

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
fornstar said:
i did it over the net. it doesn't take that long. yeah you need a minimum of two uni's you want to go to and you need to find out about some units you want to do, but that doesn't mean you have to do them
Coz the only place tat i'm considering going is France, if i put down another host uni, wat if i make for the one tat i didn't want? So they will ask u for acceptance or not to the offer rite?
Any by doing research bout the units to do, do i mail the host uni to find those info? Coz from their site there aren't many info on it... and the other one reads in french ... so an email to the host uni will be better rite? And somehow, those short exchange programs aren't finalised too...and I'm affraid there may be changes to it...can't they just make everything clear before letting we know...=.=

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
i would suggest going in and speaking to the ppl at uni. they are open btw 10 - 4 monday to thursday, or just ring them

they would be able to answer your question

but yea i looked at france and its hard, because like you said, its all in BLOODY FRENCH!!! (not that strange when you think about it, but still bloody annoying!)

just write any subjects down, you can change it, just there to show you are keen

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
fornstar said:
would suggest going in and speaking to the ppl at uni. they are open btw 10 - 4 monday to thursday, or just ring them

they would be able to answer your question

but yea i looked at france and its hard, because like you said, its all in BLOODY FRENCH!!! (not that strange when you think about it, but still bloody annoying!)

just write any subjects down, you can change it, just there to show you are keen
Well when ur over in Canada ur bound to pick up sum French, evrything there is written in both English and Français...

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
yeh a lot frenchies to read...(thinking bout the fries....lol)
o wel...i will just get my referees ready then process to the next stepz n things...
but thankz anyways
Cheers :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)