going for a new job (1 Viewer)

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
I want to go for a part time opportunity with an i- bank (i.e. i have little chance of getting it), but i dont want to leave my current job if I dont get in. Is it ok to apply for the bank job while i still have my other job? I.e. i dont want to have no job at all, as the one i have now really suits me, but i would rather move to a better company where i can progress further.

DooGseY

HSC
Yes, everyone does it. You'd have to be an idiot to quit your job every time you wanted to apply for another one.

santaslayer

HSC
DooGseY said:
Yes, everyone does it. You'd have to be an idiot to quit your job every time you wanted to apply for another one.
uhhh..yea, i actually know an idiot that did that..

was working as a vacationeer at deloitte...was asked if he wanted a grad position and he declined beause he didint like the nature of his job and was looking at KPMG...

he still hasnt found work...=/

*Minka*

HSC
Of course it is OK. I have been applying for other suitable positions and have still stayed at Tar-get-fucked so I have a job. They are likey not to find out, and if they do (they did once with me), I just said I went to find out about the position to see if it was a better fit with Univervsity and was able to offer more hours as opposed to 'I hate working for you asshole.'

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)