Going Into Real Estate (1 Viewer)

IronMaiden

HSC
N/A
I'm in year 10 at the moment and i'm pretty sure this is what i want to do. Be a salesperson and such.

I recently did work experience and liked what i saw but they werent to sure how I (as in me personally) should go about getting qualifications and such.

What do you guys think?

Get a HSC and training on the side.

Leave at the nd of this year and get a traineeship with cash and employment experience.

Thanks for any help.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
My friend is 19 and a real estate agent, at his office some left in year 10 others in year 12 people from both sides are successful.

To do the uni degree obviously you need to go to year 12, however I think it's the real estate institute that offers an accredited course which is quicker and tafe has one as well. Talk to a careers advisor, people in the industry and do some research, they will help you find the best path for you.

Last edited:

7th Sign

HSC
Been a real estate agent has nothing to do with "having a uni degree", I know a few people in this field and believe me the ones who are sucessfull have good people skills and are very very out going. My advice is go to tafe and do the real estate 1 year diploma, you could leave in year 10 and then in year 1 of tafe do the cert 4 in real estate and then in year 2 the diploma. Also it takes a while to move up in the office, once you start at a real estates agency you dont get thrown into cash making straight away u start on shitty jobs like collecting rent and what not, you need to build your skills.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)