• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

going on holidays in sept/oct (1 Viewer)

plexor

HSC
well due to family's commitments etc. the only time we can go on a much-needed holiday overseas will be in Sept/Oct of this year..... and i don't wanna miss it and stay home just because i should be studying for HSC.... kinda a stupid time to go but there's nothing much i can do about it.

so, basically, am i doomed?
i get back 10 days before my first exam (business)
is that still enough time to study and do well?

p.s. i don't need a UAI above 90, but it'd be nice.

Wassup?

Banned
HSC
plexor said:
well due to family's commitments etc. the only time we can go on a much-needed holiday overseas will be in Sept/Oct of this year..... and i don't wanna miss it and stay home just because i should be studying for HSC.... kinda a stupid time to go but there's nothing much i can do about it.

so, basically, am i doomed?
i get back 10 days before my first exam (business)
is that still enough time to study and do well?

p.s. i don't need a UAI above 90, but it'd be nice.
Seriously, fuck off.

You want to go on a holiday, not study, and then magically get a UAI of 90.

Fuck off, please.

plexor

HSC
as i said, i don't need one above 90, i'd be happy with 70..... it's not the end of the world.

and i'm not going to turn down a chance to go overseas and see the world so i can waste time and do study and regret that i didn't go.

Wassup?

Banned
HSC
plexor said:
as i said, i don't need one above 90, i'd be happy with 70..... it's not the end of the world.

and i'm not going to turn down a chance to go overseas and see the world so i can waste time and do study and regret that i didn't go.
LOL! Waste time and do study?

I don't give a fuck if you want to go on holidays, but when you come on here and say that a 90 UAI would be nice without study, it cuts me.

Don't you think there's heaps of time for traval after your HSC?

runnable

HSC
Wassup? can you calm the fuck down? There are some people who are more talented, just accept it.

I bet I can do the HSC in Sep and still get over 90 quite easily. Sorry but thats the way it is. I'm sure a lot of people can make this claim too.

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
I have to agree. Your family should respect that, you never asked them to give up their time at work to go overseas, so, they shouldn't expect you to ditch study for one of the more pivotal moments of your life.

are you doomed? No. Nothings impossible.
Do I think its stupid? Yes. You've got your whole life to travel.

Wassup?

Banned
HSC
runnable said:
Wassup? can you calm the fuck down? There are some people who are more talented, just accept it.

I bet I can do the HSC in Sep and still get over 90 quite easily. Sorry but thats the way it is. I'm sure a lot of people can make this claim too.
And there are people more talented than yourself, but what I'm saying is that for him to come on this site and say "I'm gonna take heaps of time off, not study and still get a UAI of 90" is discraseful. :)

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
runnable said:

But the thing is, the OP acknowledged that not studying and travelling instead would hinder their performance, but still wanted a 90 with out the work they clearly beleive they need.

Its a stupid question, because, they've obviously already made up their mind and just want net love consisting of "OMG i bet u get lyk 90 newayz u must b so smrt LOLOLOL'.

Wassup?

Banned
HSC
sonyaleeisapixi said:
But the thing is, the OP acknowledged that not studying and travelling instead would hinder their performance, but still wanted a 90 with out the work they clearly beleive they need.

Its a stupid question, because, they've obviously already made up their mind and just want net love consisting of "OMG i bet u get lyk 90 newayz u must b so smrt LOLOLOL'.
Exactly. Thank you Sonya. It just makes my blood boil that somone can think that even without putting in some hours of study, they can still be able to achieve a massive UAI that other people would normally study hundreds of hours for.

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
I don't mind gifted people whos brains are like sponges. My friend can literally do no study, because her brain retains, sorts, and memorises things for ever.
Thats cool. Thats her gift and its pretty neat.

However, alot of people can't do that, and need to study hard to get the same sort of marks and UAI
People who are like that, but don't want to study and still want an amazing result? Thats just stupid. It doesn't work like that for you. Accept it and work hard.

Wassup?

Banned
HSC
sonyaleeisapixi said:
I don't mind gifted people whos brains are like sponges. My friend can literally do no study, because her brain retains, sorts, and memorises things for ever.
Thats cool. Thats her gift and its pretty neat.

However, alot of people can't do that, and need to study hard to get the same sort of marks and UAI
People who are like that, but don't want to study and still want an amazing result? Thats just stupid. It doesn't work like that for you. Accept it and work hard.
Totally agree.

undalay

HSC
It's august.

If you begin studying now, you should be fine.

HSC
how long are you going for? i think you should go take ur notes wiht and any spare time study, study before you leave aswell and basically you should get it down pact before trials anyway and you can just keep going over notes it should sink in tbh memorising isnt that hard.

zaqwerty

HSC
Depending on how long you're actually going away for, I think going on holidays and coming back ten days before your first exam is fine. Lets be completely honest here, besides the 100% motivated, majority of year 12 students will not begin serious study until about ten days before the exams anyway. I was in this majority group last year and I still got a great result (if I do say so myself). It is possible.

Personally, though, I would prefer to go after exams. Not because it would give me more time to study, but because I could actually enjoy the time overseas without thinking about exams.

BackCountrySnow

HSC
start putting a lot of effort in now up until you leave. You should be fine.
Wassup, read over his post again, you tend to just quickly scan over shit and make a fool out of yourself when you reply.

Wassup?

Banned
HSC
sonyaleeisapixi said:
omg ily ur soah smrt, lololol.
i noeezz. i fink ill still kill mi hsc lolz even if i do bludge lulzz.

ily lmao how StrrrAnnnGeee to Sayy to an internet personzzz. lulz. ily anywaiz lols

Poad

HSC
zaqwerty said:
Depending on how long you're actually going away for, I think going on holidays and coming back ten days before your first exam is fine. Lets be completely honest here, besides the 100% motivated, majority of year 12 students will not begin serious study until about ten days before the exams anyway. I was in this majority group last year and I still got a great result (if I do say so myself). It is possible.

Personally, though, I would prefer to go after exams. Not because it would give me more time to study, but because I could actually enjoy the time overseas without thinking about exams.
I completely agree with this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)