Going out by yourself (2 Viewers)

lala2

Banned
HSC
Who likes doing this? :D I've gone out to the movies, shopping (in the extremely rare instance I'm in the mood, that is), eating by myself (but only lunches, and usually while shopping). I've also gone to a concert by myself and contemplating attending another--guess what, flying solo too. Also went out on a day trip alone when I was in Perth.

What activities have you guys done by yourself, and what did you think of the experience?

lil-chilean

HSC
i don't mind it but i don't like going to the movies alone.
i enjoy being with people ,makes it more fun

ekoolish

Impossible?
HSC
i play with myself too

EDIT: Alone, but doing it with others is also much more enjoyable as someone has said.

bio_nut

HSC
Do this all the time.

Haven't you ever travelled overseas alone?

philphie

Banned
HSC
my friends are only good for starting up trouble and getting pissed with, only a few of them make good company to the kind of stuff i like in terms of the kind of films i go see, exhibitions, concerts, etc.

so most of the time i will be going to the cinema alone unless i find a blockbuster/general release that i actually do like. but going to the cinema alone i'm fine with because i'm going to watch a film, not to get a blowjob. but the trip home gets a bit lonely because there's no one to talk to about the film afterwards.

i've been to some concerts alone when friends couldn't afford tickets.

i've only ever been to the ballet/theatre/opera once with someone else, the rest alone. same with art exhibitions.

i've travelled overseas alone which is normal, walked around alone in foreign places i've never been before.

bio_nut

HSC
my friends are only good for starting up trouble and getting pissed with, only a few of them make good company to the kind of stuff i like in terms of the kind of films i go see, exhibitions, concerts, etc.

so most of the time i will be going to the cinema alone unless i find a blockbuster/general release that i actually do like. but going to the cinema alone i'm fine with because i'm going to watch a film, not to get a blowjob. but the trip home gets a bit lonely because there's no one to talk to about the film afterwards.

i've been to some concerts alone when friends couldn't afford tickets.

i've only ever been to the ballet/theatre/opera once with someone else, the rest alone. same with art exhibitions.

i've travelled overseas alone which is normal, walked around alone in foreign places i've never been before.
Make friends who aren't douchebags?

bio_nut

HSC
Wow, once again. What circles are you hanging out in? I don't mean to be rude but gosh that is snooty.

Lots of people, if they even get the chance usually don't go overseas until their mid twenties.
Actually, it's more I thought she posted something about travelling once.

And I don't think it's snooty, I worked my arse off to get overseas, I have no respect for those who aren't interested in the world outside of Australia.

Why on earth wouldn't someone go if they had the chance???

philphie

Banned
HSC

And I don't think it's snooty, I worked my arse off to get overseas, I have no respect for those who aren't interested in the world outside of Australia.

fear of flying and impatience, which means no cruising

bio_nut

HSC
They most likely would.

But some people don't get that chance, do they.
That's fair enough then.

My comments are more directed at the OP as in the Usyd forums she likes to talk about her well-off background.

Shrug.

Guess everyone has different priorities, I just have the travel bug.

bio_nut

HSC
fear of flying and impatience, which means no cruising
I'm impatient and get claustrophobic in aeroplanes, hahaha, but have learnt to deal with it. Does suck though, but it's worth it once you get there.

philphie

Banned
HSC
I'm impatient and get claustrophobic in aeroplanes, hahaha, but have learnt to deal with it. Does suck though, but it's worth it once you get there.
wow, you're pretty brave then. what's the longest flight you've ever been on?

philphie

Banned
HSC
i ALWAYS shop alone....but i will never go to the movies alone again. the first (and last) time i went alone the ticket guy put me in a love seat WTF IS THAT SOME KIND OF JOKE??
a love seat?

philphie

Banned
HSC
NY to Syd maybe? Think that was pretty damn long.
yeah that's long. i normally go United against my better judgement so i have to stop at LAX to transfer so i think that cuts it to 22-24 hours? was yours straight to ny? if it was could you tell me with which airline?

philphie

Banned
HSC
two seats without the arm rest in the middle, you know? for couples who go to the movies to make out rather than watch the movie
ohh. was this on a release date? that's the only time i think they give you specific seat allocations

lala2

Banned
HSC
Do this all the time.

Haven't you ever travelled overseas alone?
Nup. See below.

I mean by her age. She's finished her degree.
I'm young for my year. I'm still 20. Just never really had the chance during my degree though. First and third year summer hols were family holidays. Second year I had started a new job right before semester 2 exams so didn't want to leave a bad impression. Fourth year--hadn't planned to go overseas because I wasn't sure if I could still get a graduate job. In any case, the job situation for registered pharmacists as it is, I could probably take a holiday for the rest of my life (read: unemployed).

I agree. As soon as I finish my graduate year I'm packing my bags. I'd also like to live overseas for a bit.

That's fair enough then.

My comments are more directed at the OP as in the Usyd forums she likes to talk about her well-off background.

Shrug.

Guess everyone has different priorities, I just have the travel bug.
I really hope I'm not rubbing my background in or sound like a snob :eek: My parents worked hard to get our family here. I think it comes out because a lot of USYDers who post here come from similar socioeconomic backgrounds. It's really a case of birds of the same feather flock together. IRL, I work very hard to downplay this. Most people were quite shocked when I told them where I lived or what school I came from.

philphie

Banned
HSC
Nup. See below.

I'm young for my year. I'm still 20. Just never really had the chance during my degree though. First and third year summer hols were family holidays. Second year I had started a new job right before semester 2 exams so didn't want to leave a bad impression. Fourth year--hadn't planned to go overseas because I wasn't sure if I could still get a graduate job. In any case, the job situation for registered pharmacists as it is, I could probably take a holiday for the rest of my life (read: unemployed).

I agree. As soon as I finish my graduate year I'm packing my bags. I'd also like to live overseas for a bit.

I really hope I'm not rubbing my background in or sound like a snob :eek: My parents worked hard to get our family here. I think it comes out because a lot of USYDers who post here come from similar socioeconomic backgrounds. It's really a case of birds of the same feather flock together. IRL, I work very hard to downplay this. Most people were quite shocked when I told them where I lived or what school I came from.

i want to hear this well off background dtory or at least direct me to your previous posts about it. i love biographies

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
I mostly prefer to go out with people, but I have some interests/tastes that the majority of my close friends don't share (mostly theatre and films) so I'm happy to go do that stuff alone if I have to. Obviously we have some stuff in common or we wouldn't be friends, but I'll still go see movies and do stuff I'm not that interested in with them because

a) you never know it might turn out to be good/fun
b) even if it's shit I'm there to hang out with my friends and have fun with them, not be blown away by the cinematic genius that is the Twilight movie or be thrilled by hours of shoe shopping.

Also I go shopping and to libraries and stuff by myself all the time, I don't get people who won't do this. My little sister will not even catch the bus alone, anywhere. She's 17 btw so I find it weird. She's well old enough to transport herself around the joint and do her shit but she'll either wait til I can drive her and come with, or arrange an expedition with all her friends :confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)