• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Going through hsc with severe depression (1 Viewer)

shell.q

HSC
has anyone else gone through their hsc with severe depression?

if so how did you guys cope on bad days and howd u end up?

if this isnt in the right place feel free to move =]

cheers
x

kony

HSC
took up some new hobbies: music, sports, etc.

anything to vary it up a bit.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
shell.q said:

cheers
x
find a release, like a way to express what you are feeling, write music, poems, write what you are feeling. It depends on what is causing it I think. Talking to someone is important as well on the bad days.

Good luck and hope you get better and cope with this year

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
shell.q said:

cheers
x
Yes - though i don't know about SEVERE.
All you can do in the world , is keep going, and going and going and going.
My mistake was hiding how i felt from everyone, sometimes just to talk about things really does help.
Life can and will get better :) it is beautiful.

*Baby-K*

HSC
I have a friend who had severe depression, to the point that he was taken to the hospital. I think his parents spoke with the Board of Studies and organised for him to only do the HSC for half of his subjects (the best ones) and then do the rest the following year. It took him longer to complete the HSC but hey I am sure it took pressure off him.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
give less of a shit about the hsc and realise that there are many more options available and hsc failure doesnt = life failure.

Patar

0101 0000
HSC
Katie is right, if you get depressed about study -> slow right down, its not the end of things.

Anyway, I don't know, MY hsc breakdown kept taking me to weird and unusual places -- so wierd that I began to actually enjoy the randomness and stopped being unhappy while I was at them.

okay, lol, but what did this randomness entail?

Well, hmm, I skipped school for a day by myself before trials and just read in the sun at this beachside place I know of but don't go very often.

I then on several occasions more went to more random places after that day, in which I have a) Hung out with a group of kids for an afternoon, it was actually fun, idk, b) been bikeriding everywhere, c) chatted to a random chick for about half an hour and now we're pretty good friends

You know, all sorts of crazy things you never imagined doing when you set out.

Oh, I also enjoy helping people who are down.. when I am down. Weird, but makes me feel proactive.

Slash, slash. haha.

But anyway, take it slow... my breakdown wasn't about the HSC, but the HSC can definately pressure you.

Last edited:

04er

HSC
Get enough sleep, eat regularly, take regular breaks, exercise/stretch often, maybe vent your feelings to a friend. Make time for the activities you enjoy doing. Consciously dispel negative thoughts, replace them with optimism. Don't get depressed about being depressed (that just makes it worse) - accept it as a normal thing while trying to get better. There are also plenty of books to help deal with depression.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)