• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Going to formals solo (1 Viewer)

lala2

Banned
HSC
Oh yeah, going solo is best. You have fun by yourself, and you don't have to babysit your partner! (whether male or female). Also your partner might hook up with others and you could feel left out. I say being single is classy and sexy--being a couple's cool but only if they're really in it together, otherwise it looks really um...what are you two doing together? kinda thing. Or it could end up being really uncomfortable for both, which is never good for the formal experience.

Last edited:

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
dont take someone cos you feel you need to. I took my ex cos i just didnt wanna feel like the only person alone, and i regretted it heaps, he didnt know anyone and didnt really mingle and i had to babysit all night.

a.mourad

HSC
i dnt know if i should take a partner or not, i asked a close friend n she goes ill come.. depends.. do u reckon solo or wid a partner?

niteshade1312

HSC
I took a not very close friend in Year 10 and although he is an absolute sweatheart, I wish I had gone alone.

But then In Year 12 I took my best friend (who I had wanted to take in Year 10, but he had been on camp), and I had the best night with him, despite not the greatest formal ever.

It's really all up to you. A formal is not the be all and end all and its usually at the end of the year and you don't tend to remember who brought you, rather I seem to remember the horrible dresses that stood out... WHO WEARS FEATHER BOAS?!

P_Dilemma

Extraordinary Entertainer
HSC
If you want a date, don't go to the formal. Save the money on a real dinner.

I you want to go to formal, better not to bring a date. If you REALLY wanna bring a date... well... i pray for your soul.

If you have no friends at all, don't go to formal.

sourlemong

HSC
Uhmmm, I took a random this year, and it was weird, like we had totally no conversation between us!! Yikes. Anyhow if you're thinking of taking a random, its kind of not that good, because either it ends up you ditching them, or them ditching you.

Better to go solo if you really really have no one you know you will have a fun time with to take.

I'm going to another ball in May and this time I know the guy! Hopefully all goes well :)

sgunz

HSC
i went solo, i still had heaps of fun tho! some of my friend went with some random and they didn't even talk to each other the whole nite.. so that was even worse...

bigbezza05

Student Paramedic
HSC
Im going to my formal by myself, becoz of two reasons:

(1) GIRLFRIEND GOES TO ANOTHER SCHOOL

and worst of all

(2) BOTH OUR FORMALS ARE ON THE SAME NIGHT

A bit devo, but i agree being by yourself has a few positives, you can enjoy it more with your mates!!

Dejected

Crash into Me
HSC
anarchron said:
My formal is in twelve weeks time and I still don't know anyone whom I could ask out.

Question is, has anyone gone to formals by themselves?
yeah i went
i think its better cos its your formal!

unless ur going with a friend.

like i was able to speak and say stuff to everyone at my formal. and i saw a lot of epople who werent cos of their dates. and people have spoken about it afterwards

if ur going to take a date, dont take a complete random, cos then u will be stuck with him or wher for the night which will probably suck wang cos u will want to get around and talk to people.

P_Dilemma

Extraordinary Entertainer
HSC
P_Dilemma said:
If you want a date, don't go to the formal. Save the money on a real dinner.

I you want to go to formal, better not to bring a date. If you REALLY wanna bring a date... well... i pray for your soul.

If you have no friends at all, don't go to formal.
Ok, i'm quoting myself...

Argh, now i've got a partner for my Yr 12 formal, but after reading thru this thread i'm not sure how to feel. It's like i'm gonna be awkward around her and be around the guys instead. How crap is that?

Oh lordy, i now pray for my own soul...

-P_D

*Ninny-mole*

The Power Is Yours...
HSC
I'm going solo as well. I did for my Year 10 formal too (but back then very, very few people in our grade had partners), and I kind of don't care about this one. I wouldn't take anyone if I wasn't that serious about them either. Alot of the couples in our grade are going together, and people are bringing bf's/gf's from outside school, but I don't see why all the singles are inviting acquaintances...it won't make it more fun

dodgyfilokid

HSC
It's up to the individual basically..just don't take anyone you don't really know....it will bloody ruin your night...for me since our year 10 formal got canned....my yr 12 one (this year) will be my first one.....im takin my gf along...even if we werent goin out yet i wuld take her anyway since my plan was to ask her out that night....then after that im goin solo to d after party coz her mum didnt let her come which was understandable....i reckon i wont be tied up since we both mutually agreed to go plus we get a chance to celebrate a month together even though our actual month is on the 26th of this month.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
omg ive got no1 4 da formal !1!!1 all ma fwendz will laff at meh.

(Oh no my religious deity, I am not in possession of a being of whom can manifest themself on the night of 26th November, in order to attend my high school formal. This social inadequacy will result in my peers having a rather hilarious jest at my lonesome situation.)

galos

HSC
My formal is in 3 weeks. i dnt hav a date yet. shuld i stain my undies n hurry up and ask sum1 or just go solo

*Ninny-mole*

The Power Is Yours...
HSC
Bookie said:
omg ive got no1 4 da formal !1!!1 all ma fwendz will laff at meh.

(Oh no my religious deity, I am not in possession of a being of whom can manifest themself on the night of 26th November, in order to attend my high school formal. This social inadequacy will result in my peers having a rather hilarious jest at my lonesome situation.)
That's my birthday...yeah...just thought you should know...though it makes no difference...yeah, that's my story.
My formal is on the 18th November, which means that I won't be able to drink as my 18th birthday is 8 bloody days later. Oh well, I'll find a way.
Hey bookie, on a totally unrelated note, why do you like Covell so much? He is kinda cute, but he screwed up that penalty kick the other day. Poor guy, must have felt really shitty.

sja

dingleberry
HSC
I spent the whole formal night getting a dick massage from the giant sub woofers near the stage floor.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
*Ninny-mole* said:
That's my birthday...yeah...just thought you should know...though it makes no difference...yeah, that's my story.
My formal is on the 18th November, which means that I won't be able to drink as my 18th birthday is 8 bloody days later. Oh well, I'll find a way.
Thats quite a nice story. Perhaps for your birthday, shall sign up to one of my bachelors and come to our formal and get pissed with 200 people you dont know?

*Ninny-mole* said:
Hey bookie, on a totally unrelated note, why do you like Covell so much? He is kinda cute, but he screwed up that penalty kick the other day. Poor guy, must have felt really shitty.
I havent followed the Sharks since Round 13, so as far as I know, we're still 2nd. Covells a great player. No one can be

NSW Table Tennis Champion
u 18 state Javelin champion
u 18 state 800m champion
a top pointscorer in the NRL
play for Country
play for NSW
play for New Zealand.

What a man. Also, I see you have a reference to Covell in your sig. Perhaps you should get rid of that totally unrelated Rock picture?

vorahk

HSC
anarchron said:
My formal is in twelve weeks time and I still don't know anyone whom I could ask out.

Question is, has anyone gone to formals by themselves?
twelve weeks time, dude you ve got ages to get a date.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)