Going to Insearch (already accepted), anyone already go or is going? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hi, i got accepted for both SIBT at MAQ and Insearch at UTS, because i want to go to UTS i will do the Insearch, but i have some questions to ask

1) A GPA of 4.0 out of 7.0 is required to continue on to 2nd Year Bachelors, is that credit average or pass average? How hard is credit to get? Is it like a band 5 in the HSC?

2) Why does everyone say its expensive like better to go do UWS/TAFE and transfer instead, isn't UWS 20,000$ for the 1st year as well?

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Hi, i got accepted for both SIBT at MAQ and Insearch at UTS, because i want to go to UTS i will do the Insearch, but i have some questions to ask

1) A GPA of 4.0 out of 7.0 is required to continue on to 2nd Year Bachelors, is that credit average or pass average? How hard is credit to get? Is it like a band 5 in the HSC?

2) Why does everyone say its expensive like better to go do UWS/TAFE and transfer instead, isn't UWS 20,000$ for the 1st year as well?
Uni courses generally don't cost 20 grand a year ....

My brother who got in normally pay around 8-9 k per year .

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
A GPA of 4 on a 7 point scale is equal to a pass average, i guess Insearch must be different but it's worth nothing that UTS use a (slighty modified) 4 point scale.

Most subjects at unis are about 1k and you usually do 8 subjects a year, so as nedasdasd said you'd normally pay 8-9k. If you definitely want to go to UTS then the extra cost might be justified as you know you will go straight into 2nd year - if you are transferring over you might not get credit for some of your subjects.

Raaju123

HSC
N/A
I was going to go there, as i was accepted but then got an offer at uts

unforlornedhope

HSC
N/A
Insearch costs a lot and it isn't for everyone. You have to be very, very motivated in order to guarantee yourself to get into 2nd year at uts. I know a few people who did badly in the HSC and went to insearch, some of them couldn't cope with the workload and dropped out of insearch. [Note that the failing rate in insearch and SIBT is very high, and it costs like 20k a year compared to uni which is only 8-9k a year]. As a result, they ended up not going to uni at all in the end.

If you want to minimise cost and not put yourself in such a risky situation, I suggest:
- go to UWS, and then transfer or
- do a course at TAFE and then transfer or
- do the HSC again through OTEN or TAFE

All 3 of these options are much, much cheaper and less riskier than paying 20k a year to SIBT or insearch which doesn't technically 100% guarantee you into 2nd year uni, fail rate is high and workload is wayyyy more harder than high school.

builder2818

HSC
I would choose the cheapest option. If you commence Insearch and then not able to transfer into the degree you want, where does that leave you?

Jeelous

HSC
Uni Grad
this may be too late but.. I would of taken a UWS approach if I wanted to transfer. If I didn't make the cut-off for next year, at least I still have a degree I can complete. InSearch is just too dam expensive.

HSC
yeah thanks guys, im in uws right now =)

JamesLee12

HSC
I just failed 2 subjects at SIBT in my first semester. I took 4 subjects as I was advised that I was capable of doing a fast track program. I ended up failing Stat and Acctg and can see now the hope of getting into Macquarie is really dimming. I just got an offer into UWS Bachelor of Commerce but still not sure what to do. Half of the students failed Acctg1A which is supposed to be an easy unit already.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)