Going to the movies by yourself (1 Viewer)

teabag

do it
HSC
You're not really supposed to speak during the movie anyways...

That's why when I go to the movies with friends, it's a hang out session before or after.

For example, when I went with friends to see Harry Potter 7 Part 2 - we took the bus to Blacktown, had breakfast, waited outside Hoyts in the cold for a half hour chatting and hanging out... and we saw the first screening after the midnight screening.
plz
i saw the midnight screening at george street
was amazing

Sanical

SpiderAnderson
HSC
Yeah, it's massive. I remember the day I went to Parramatta to watch a movie and it was so damn small in comparison. Have you gone to Max Brenner's across hoyt's? Expensive but so gooood. Anyway gtg.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
plz
i saw the midnight screening at george street
was amazing
Midnight screening at Blacktown.

While you were watching that, my friends and I were still watching Harry Potter Part 7 Part 1 - the last movie in a Harry Potter marathon that had started at 9am the previous day... but that was good, so people like me who hadn't seen anything past Goblet of Fire could 'catch up'.

@Sanical: Max Brenner's across Hoyts... no I haven't. I've heard good things about it though.

mahli

HSC
For me it's about the film, definitely not a social thing. I opt to have a similar geek with me but if not one person is willing I, with very little hesitation, will be my own friend and see it by myself. When you spend every recess and lunch in the library, give up on personal hygiene and wear odd socks because you were up late the night before studying and can't concentrate in the morning - social stuff doesn't matter so much. Just go by yourself, who cares.

Josh1996

HSC
No i don't see how its weird, if you want to see a movie by yourself, go for it. I think thats just generally how people see it these days. Doesn't matter what everyone else says. Even if your friends say its weird and you shouldn't do that then they aren't really good friends are they.

Josh1996

HSC
I go all the time to movies. I don't see whats so bad about it.

Josh1996

HSC
For me it's about the film, definitely not a social thing. I opt to have a similar geek with me but if not one person is willing I, with very little hesitation, will be my own friend and see it by myself. When you spend every recess and lunch in the library, give up on personal hygiene and wear odd socks because you were up late the night before studying and can't concentrate in the morning - social stuff doesn't matter so much. Just go by yourself, who cares.
Thats exactly right mate :)

jmadden

HSC
bro sounds like you have some serious issues.
i would recommend a shrink.

jmadden

HSC
if your that worried:
1. go to an unpopular cinema.
2. wear a bag on your head.
3. download the movie and watch it at home.

Power Rangers

HSC
N/A
it's better to go to the movies by yourself

that way friends aren't asking you annoying questions

"is that the guy's mother?"

"this person is really familiar what other movies are they in?"

"are you stuffing that choc top down your pants?"

Aysce

HSC
it's better to go to the movies by yourself

that way friends aren't asking you annoying questions

"is that the guy's mother?"

"this person is really familiar what other movies are they in?"

"are you stuffing that choc top down your pants?"
Depends - normally my friends don't ask annoying questions but they just do stupid things that make the whole group laugh and temporarily wrecks the movie for everyone :')

jnney

lemon
HSC
i hardly ever watch movies at cinemas. i dl everything. 8)

halapenyo

HSC
went to the movies alone today. was pretty good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)