Golden Key Honour Society invitation (1 Viewer)

Jacks

HSC
hey guys,

I just got an invitation from uni to join the Golden Key honour society. I was just wondering if anyone else got this invitation, or if anyone already belongs to it. Is it worth joining? I've read the info they sent but I was hoping from some feedback. Thanks :)

klh

HSC
congrats oh great one!
isnt that for really good high achieving students???
its only offered to the top 15%of students. [from the essntial guide, UWS]
if you want the url to more info, maybe go to :http://gknhs.gsu.edu and uws site www.uws.edu.au/goldenkey
ur too good!
join, they say you get awarded scholarships, career help and netwroking opportunities. but im not too sure about everything. visit the site though, it might help.

once again, congrats Jacks! :)

klh

HSC
i have no idea of them at all but they are published in the uws essential guide and stuff...as long as they dont ask for credit card details and stuff.

krisk85

Random
HSC
N/A
its good.. it allows u 2 be recognised as a high achiever.. i am working to get into it too..

Jacks

HSC
klh said:
congrats oh great one!
isnt that for really good high achieving students???
ur too good!
Thanks heaps klh...I was surprised that I got the invitation...it's basically for students who like you said are in the top 15%. Thanks for the links I appreciate it. It's not a scam...I mean not in the true sense of the word. Maybe it isn't really necessary to join but the fee is only a one off and I don't think it will hurt to join...especially since my dad has offered to pay the fee :D.

krisk85 said:
its good.. it allows u 2 be recognised as a high achiever.. i am working to get into it too..
Good luck with that...I didn't even know it existed before today! Remember though you don't need to belong to a specific society to be recognised for your good work...just do what you can and so long as you're happy then that's all that matters. Let me know if you ever get an invitation though.

Anyways it will be something to put in my resume even if nothing else comes of it...so I'll join and see what comes of it. Thanks for your feedback guys.

Last edited:

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
aww ... congrats Jacks :)

Have no idea what its about, but it sounds good. Good for you :)

theone123

blue essence
HSC
Golden Key Society is one of the most prestigious societies around and its based your academic achievements to be offered a place of offer

MonkEE

HSC
N/A
I got one too woO!
I never knew I was that smart...although I am not lazy like the rest.

klh

HSC
they should also offer it to people who work their ass's off or people who have to deal with crap transport and still get to class on time!!!
what were your marks jacks? top 15%...im gonna faint.

Jacks

HSC
hehe don't worry klh my marks aren't that great...well I think it's just because I got a distinction average over the year...most of my marks were 80+, a few 82s and 83s...really close to HDs without actually getting there really...I got quite a few HDs for individual assignments but could only get close overall...but it's nothing I'd faint over... :eek: I'm sure there are people out there who work hard and should be recognised, but like I said before you don't need to be invited to join the society for that.

Last edited:

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
klh said:
they should also offer it to people who work their ass's off or people who have to deal with crap transport and still get to class on time!!!
haha ... I agree. It took two trains and 50 mintues just to get between epping and denistone this arvo. If you don't know it does epping - eastwood - denistone :mad:

anyway, three cheers for jacks! :)

krisk85

Random
HSC
N/A
cape maybe u should save up for a vehicle 2 get u places.. it would make ur time alot easier!!

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I have a car ... but I'm too lazy to get my p's :p usually its not that bad, cause I tend to get heaps of homework done on the train. Since when I come home this site always distracts me :p

klh

HSC
Jacks, dont put yourself down, you worked hard so you deserved it!
hip hip horray...wait isnt that someone's alias? well oyu get my drift.
glad you agree though Cape, i mean most poeple usually wouldnt stand this nonsense they call cityrail.

Jacks

HSC
don't worry I'm not putting myself done, just surprised that's all. I agree those who catch public transport should get special recognition...I do too so I feel your pain...though it serves me right for not bothering to drive :D

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Me think that the uni would become even broker if they had some sort of thing for people who travel on public transport.

There is this guy in the urban geography class who travels from the central coast to blacktown :eek: i thought I had it bad!

Jonathan A

HSC
Jacks said:
hey guys,

I just got an invitation from uni to join the Golden Key honour society. I was just wondering if anyone else got this invitation, or if anyone already belongs to it. Is it worth joining? I've read the info they sent but I was hoping from some feedback. Thanks :)

Congratulations, that is an excellent achievement and token of your hard work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)