• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

golden key? (1 Viewer)

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
hehehe, xiaoie is doing some grave digging, reviving extremely old threads... cuz yeh i kno how makin new threads r so much more annoy...

ani way, i thought it's a good tiem to revivie this thread, since i got an invite to golden key soc...
abit on the fence of the soc tho... any other pplz got the invite?! o_O

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
I'll never get an invite, because I'm surrounded by study freaks who finish assignments at LEAST a week before they're due and don't waste time on the internet until 0300 each night.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
Lexicographer said:
I'll never get an invite, because I'm surrounded by study freaks who finish assignments at LEAST a week before they're due and don't waste time on the internet until 0300 each night.
u mean til 3 each morning?!
=p oh my god robert =p i thought u r a goodie goodie?! ;)

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
i think i've already ranted somewhere about grouping people by intelligence or something like that... is it something like MENSA??? or similar.....

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
bex said:
did anyone else recieve an invitation to join the golden key society?? i got one.. read the pamphlet etc etc.. but somehow im still confused as to what i can get out of it and exactly why i should part with my $94.. does anyone know anything about it??
They also have a branch at UWS, im not sure who or what this group does or what its associated to or with

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Korn said:
They also have a branch at UWS, im not sure who or what this group does or what its associated to or with
Jacks got an invitation. Maybe she knows about its association with UWS.

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
xiao1985 said:
hehehe, xiaoie is doing some grave digging, reviving extremely old threads... cuz yeh i kno how makin new threads r so much more annoy...

ani way, i thought it's a good tiem to revivie this thread, since i got an invite to golden key soc...
abit on the fence of the soc tho... any other pplz got the invite?! o_O

i rcvd the invitation 2....not sure whether i shud join it or not....??
@xiao : r u joining ?

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
elizabethy said:
i rcvd the invitation 2....not sure whether i shud join it or not....??
@xiao : r u joining ?
lolz wut's the chance taht we get top 15% again?! =p

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
You know, $94 is a lot of money you could use elsewhere much better. But if you're in Commerce, that kind of thing may help make you stand out amongst the thousands of other graduates applying for the same job as you come 2007. I'd seriously consider going for it.

For me, Golden Key would mean jack all. I'm guaranteed a job when I graduate, and the only thing Colleges care about when assessing applications for fellowship is my performance in clinical years (during and after MBBS). For Xiao, Golden Key will look good but your performance and interest in research would be far more relevant to careers in science.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Lexicographer said:
You know, $94 is a lot of money you could use elsewhere much better. But if you're in Commerce, that kind of thing may help make you stand out amongst the thousands of other graduates applying for the same job as you come 2007. I'd seriously consider going for it.

For me, Golden Key would mean jack all. I'm guaranteed a job when I graduate, and the only thing Colleges care about when assessing applications for fellowship is my performance in clinical years (during and after MBBS). For Xiao, Golden Key will look good but your performance and interest in research would be far more relevant to careers in science.
Whats Golden Key most useful for, i have heard Commerce, but what area of commerce

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Korn said:
Whats Golden Key most useful for, i have heard Commerce, but what area of commerce
If you were referring to what I said, I didn't mean "Golden Key is good for commerce". I was saying that in a field like commerce, where there are thousands of undifferentiated graduates every year competing for far less jobs, something like Golden Key would help you stand out.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Lexicographer said:
If you were referring to what I said, I didn't mean "Golden Key is good for commerce". I was saying that in a field like commerce, where there are thousands of undifferentiated graduates every year competing for far less jobs, something like Golden Key would help you stand out.
Nah, others have said similar things

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)