Gone With the Wind (1 Viewer)

Persephone87

Parlez Francais!
HSC
QUOTE]Originally posted by miss_salty
Scarlett is written by Alexandra Ripley. And yeah, I don't really like other authors writing sequels to someone else's book. But I really wanted Scarlett and Rhett back together and that book gave me closure. Apart from Rhett and Scarlett breaking up, I thought there were some stuff that need to be reveal or expanded in GWTW - which Margaret Mitchell may have done if she was still alive to write sequel.
[/QUOTE]

Same boat as you...I'm all for unrequinted love, but I couldn't bear to see these two apart simply because they were stupid and there's 'too much water under the bridge'. mmm, closure...and her style (Riply) was quite true to Mitchells too...

Originally posted by charlie_charlie
...Rhett on the other hand, is only bitter to protect himself from any hurt feelings...
mmmm...rhett is still better....
When I first read this I thought Rhett was a cad, but then I discovered it was Scarlett who was a b****! Oh well, I love them both dearly :)

malayz_angel

I read the book waaaay before I saw the movie and it's still one of my favourite books today! I've read "Scarlett" as well but I don't really like it, I much prefer the original Mitchell :) I tend to like books better than movies because the movies do change things, even if its really subtle stuff that I bet no one else notices...unless ur as weird as me that is ;)

E.g. In the book, Rhett tells Scarlett that if she doesn't stop eating, she'll be as fat as the "cuban ladies" and then he will divorce her. In the movie, he tells her if she doesn't stop eating, she will be "as fat as Mammy." hehe

I'm sure other diehard GWTW fans have noticed this change though: everyone tends to quote Rhett at the end with "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn." In the book, there is no "Frankly" although I admit that the movie quote sounds much catchier somehow...anyway I'll stop ranting...except....I LOVE GONE WITH THE WIND :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)