Good Book for Religion (1 Viewer)

Smeegen999

HSC
I ordered the Spotlight book for Religion because my old teacher didn't teach us anything on Aborigninal Spirituality and Australian belief Systems post 1945... so yeah if u want a book u should try that one cause the others are all not up to date :eek:

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
Smeegen999 said:
I ordered the Spotlight book for Religion because my old teacher didn't teach us anything on Aborigninal Spirituality and Australian belief Systems post 1945... so yeah if u want a book u should try that one cause the others are all not up to date :eek:
Thats not entirely true.

The Spotlight book is only good for 1 unit ie doesnt cover the extra content for SOR II

Living Religions has been updated (was the first to do it over two years ago) and continues to be the master text for the course.

Macquarie has recently released an updated version (about 3 months ago) of their text for the HSC course only as has Leading Edge. These two books in my opinion are the best ones out there and they are very affordable (Leading Edge has the "edge" due to it having worked solutions in it IMO)

Lovatt has re-released his long standing SOR book as well to cover the new course (again, two years ago)

So I would dispute your claim about the other texts not being updated!

edit..fixed terrible typos!

Last edited:

crazysambo

HSC
our school requires the living religion, thats not too bad but it doesnt include the in depth study type thing on the religious figure that we did (pope john XX|||). i also bought the spotlight book, its good for summaries like for a quick read but again it doesnt have stuff on pope john XX|||. my friends bought teh macquarie one and ive flicked through that, thats the best ive seen. it has pope john XX||| and it also uses more words in the native lanuage ie for judaism it had more translations lik sheva brakot chuppah etc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)