• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Good Chance? (1 Viewer)

iknight89

HSC
Hey guys. I've done my hsc 2 years ago in 2007 and decided to go back to studying next year at uni. The only thing going for me is that i've completed the stat test in 2008 and my overall stat score was 145, not sure how good that is though.

What are my chances at making it into the following courses?

300497 Bachelor of eBusiness at Macquarie University 74UAI

300503 Bachelor of Information Technology at Macquarie University 73UAI

103702 Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Business Information Systems at ACU National 62UAI

704785 Bachelor of Information and Communications Technology at UWS 73 UAI

I've got a lot of good job offers at the moment and just not sure whether i should get my hopes up in going to uni next year.

Any mature response would be much appreciated! Thanks

moc2009

HSC
N/A
I did the STAT test last year and that’s how I got into Uni. 145-150 is the average result and I know people who got that score and got into their first preferences for a course that had a UAI of 87 to get in.

I think you’ll 100% for sure get your 3rd preference at ACU, and you’ll probably get one of your first two at Macquarie. Remember the Uni’s don’t convert your STAT score to a UAI and that percentile you have on your STAT result is not equivalent UAI, so don’t let that put you off.

You could contact the Universities and ask what score they need from STAT, when I did, some Universities would say and some wouldn’t say, I found most wanted 145 or over, and a few said if you have 145 and up then you’re in.

If you want to try a better score you can sit the STAT again this year (can do once a year) and out of the two, only the one with the highest score will be used on your application, so you have nothing to lose.

Good luck.

iknight89

HSC
Doesn't sound too bad. Going to give Macquarie uni a call sometime today and ask then. Thanks for the helpful reply.
Anyone else want to share their views?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)