Good double degree in Law? (1 Viewer)

kamalpradeep

HSC
N/A
What would be a good double degree in Law? Law-Biology, Law-Chemistry, Law-Accounting, Law-Psychology.....
Any opinion?

astroman

HSC
commerce, actuarial, engineering, science, art, international studies... It's going to depend on your interests

Renaaa

HSC
Uni Grad
Quite a few of my friends do Commerce-Law. Not sure if super useful though :) Probably depends on the field you are interested in upon graduating?

Amundies

Commander-in-Chief
HSC
Uni Grad
Quite a few of my friends do Commerce-Law. Not sure if super useful though :) Probably depends on the field you are interested in upon graduating?
Most people would say so

StudiousStudent

HSC
Art/Law seems to be common. Depends on your career goals and interests though.

maysilees

HSC
comm/law is ez but the less common ones have money i.e. i do engineering/law but i suffer lol

Amundies

Commander-in-Chief
HSC
Uni Grad
comm/law is ez but the less common ones have money i.e. i do engineering/law but i suffer lol
I wouldn't recommend this unless you're actually very interested in both law and engineering and are willing to work 2-3 times as hard as everyone else at uni for 5 years straight.

si2136

HSC
N/A
Depends on the field that you wish to enter in.

Many choose Comm/Law or Arts/Law

kamalpradeep

HSC
N/A
I am thinking Biology/Law or Japanese Studies/Law.
Any major difference between UTS and UWS for these two options?

Chronost

Ex CAG auditor - current CAG deal-maker
HSC
I am thinking Biology/Law or Japanese Studies/Law.
Any major difference between UTS and UWS for these two options?
UTS has a good Japanese studies facility(its new), at the very least the Japanese club there is full on (plus law at UTS is great I've heard)

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Do whatever you want to do with law. That way if law isn't for you, you'll have something you'll enjoy as your back up.

If you want to be a lawyer, it won't matter what your other degree is. You'll work with people who were Arts/Law grads(doing M&A), you'll work with Comm/Law grads, Science/Law grads, Engo/Law, Arch/Law, whatever.

I did an Arts/Law degree majoring in politics, and I'm now in M&A - and I hadn't done a single M&A subject at uni.

maysilees

HSC
I wouldn't recommend this unless you're actually very interested in both law and engineering and are willing to work 2-3 times as hard as everyone else at uni for 5 years straight.
HAHA yeah also engineering/law is 6.5 years at unsw. its a good course and itll get you places but its very hard to succeed in both of them because theyre so demanding and different.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)