Good English coaching centres for Year 7 (1 Viewer)

Michelleuq

HSC
N/A
Hi All. Do you have any recommendation for a good English coaching centre in Epping? I heard English at Eduvision is highly recommended based on their track records of kids getting into OC and Selective Schools. However, I'm not sure if they are good for year 7 coaching. Hoping you would be able to share your experience.

Michelleuq

HSC
N/A
Just read widely and read a wide variety of books.
Thank you. I'm trying to encourage my kids to read but without close monitoring, they would stop and switch to games, you tube, etc. I'd like to see if structured classroom lessons would help.

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
Thank you. I'm trying to encourage my kids to read but without close monitoring, they would stop and switch to games, you tube, etc. I'd like to see if structured classroom lessons would help.
i see your problem. I'm unaware of present day challenges. The world has changed dramatically since my time as a kid.

Constantspy977

sensational
HSC
Hi All. Do you have any recommendation for a good English coaching centre in Epping? I heard English at Eduvision is highly recommended based on their track records of kids getting into OC and Selective Schools. However, I'm not sure if they are good for year 7 coaching. Hoping you would be able to share your experience.
a good english tuition is uplift education, im currently attending for yr 9 and the resources are outstanding and I believe it will be a similar standard for yr 7-12

Michelleuq

HSC
N/A
a good english tuition is uplift education, im currently attending for yr 9 and the resources are outstanding and I believe it will be a similar standard for yr 7-12
Thank you. Are they in Liverpool only? We are looking for a place in Epping so it can be within walking distance from home.

HSC
currently live near epping and attending Brain Education in Burwood for Year 12, although im quite sure they cater for year 7s as well. they have good resources and the classes are smaller so your kid will have more interactions and focus from the teacher.

just a side note though, from personal experience receiving tutoring for anything other than maths until around year 9 will not have a great affect on your child as the marks received from year 7-10 dont matter unless youre planning to transfer school. but it does differ for everyone.

idkkdi

HSC
force them to do so many extracurriculars that they run out of energy by the end of the day :). that's the only viable way i see to actually stopping games/youtube.

Michelleuq

HSC
N/A
force them to do so many extracurriculars that they run out of energy by the end of the day :). that's the only viable way i see to actually stopping games/youtube.
This is a good idea. Thank you!

Michelleuq

HSC
N/A
currently live near epping and attending Brain Education in Burwood for Year 12, although im quite sure they cater for year 7s as well. they have good resources and the classes are smaller so your kid will have more interactions and focus from the teacher.

just a side note though, from personal experience receiving tutoring for anything other than maths until around year 9 will not have a great affect on your child as the marks received from year 7-10 dont matter unless youre planning to transfer school. but it does differ for everyone.
Thanks for the recommendation. I have never heard about it so I will consider if the travel is manageable . To be honest, there are so many coaching centres at high school level, I am completely confused.
You got a good point tutoring from year 7 to 10 might not be that important. That might be applicable to self-motivated kids. I don’t think I can trust my kids to discipline themselves to study. I just want them to have some good foundation so they do not struggle in their later years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)