good essay structure (1 Viewer)

santazlilhelpa

i lost so many marks for my essay structure my last eco exam :eek:
my teacher said it follows a different structure and i didnt listen in year 11 so now im kinda swrewed.
are we supposed to write an introduction because heaps of people told me your not
and does anyone have any suggestions for a structure formula ??
if anyone does can you pleaseee or im going to be so screwed
thx heaps :p

i-color

yeah bascially my teacher taught me that eco essays are structured sorta differently.

your introduction shouldn't be like a summary of what ur gonna say...what i liked to do was open my essay with a really strong or unique opening such as Being in its 13th consecutive year of strong eco growth and consumer sentiment, etc etc (if it's a question on eco growth in aust). This opening should be strong and answers the question clearly. Then you should go on to define the terms mentioned in the quesiton. With eco issues, you should talk about how it's measured, what are some of its effects etc.

then you go onto your essay. I tend to like to mention theories in my essays just to link what you've learnt to the question. You don't have to explain what they mean, just know how to use them. Eg According to the short run Phillips curve, there is a trade off between unemployment and inflation in the short term.

Then in the conclusion, again, don't summarise what you said in the essay...markers already know what you said. So, in the conclusion answer the question again (reiterate what you've discussed in your essay) and if it's a critically evaluate or analyse, then make a judgement. Also, something my teacher said was you should add recommendations on improvements etc in the future that the govt could do etc. Eg Govt needs to further use micro policy as well as macro policies to ensure the economy continues to grow strongly and maintain the current standard of living in the future.

hope that helps ;)

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
uh, do you give free tuition? ^_^

btw, you beat the Mod of this forum . . . which says a damn lot about how much of a nerd you are/were. ;)

i-color

mmmm thanks....to tell you the truth i'm actually not a nerd :D
i'm just passionate about eco and want to help other ppl in it.

i-color

good luck with it all ;)
just remmeber.....lots of practice....i started off with my essays being worth 14/15s all the time....and so i asked my teacher....and i didn't even start caring until right before hsc and trials, i realised my essays were dragging my marks down heaps. Then i started doing lots of practice essays and tried to guess what questions would come up in hsc....and i actually guessed both inflation and unemployment right! And i asked my teacher to mark it and she was so happy when i finally go to the band 6 level and so when i went into the test i actually had an idea of what to write given whatever question cos i' had already done one before. Like you don't need to write whole essays, but at least do some essay plans for a range of questions for a range of topics...it really does help...;)

aditya

HSC
lol ur pattionate about all ur other subjects as well :p

but i love u nonethe ess :D

and thanx for that it was good...

btw do u know ur marks? in ur tests? like the sections

i-color

mm they don't give out marks for each sections....so i have no idea...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)