Good Exchange Uni's for UNSW Business? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Ok, I know there is an exchange section to this site but I thought it would be better to post this here as my question is specific to UNSW's Faculty of Business.

I was just wondering if any of Unsw's exchage partners were considered good comerce uni's (mainly for Finance) and what kind of WAM one needed to be in with a chance of being accepted.

Thanks

runnable

HSC
Without a doubt, Wharton School of the University of Pennslyvania is the best, especially for finance. Probably the best in the world too. I was told people accepted into this have WAMs rarely under 85.

Second would be Stern of New York University. I was told WAM of around 78.

Others are Georgetown, Texas etc... Not sure about the WAMs on these ones.

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
Wharton School of the University of Pennslyvania is the best, especially for finance. Probably the best in the world too. I was told people accepted into this have WAMs rarely under 85.
Mate of mine just came back from here not long ago. And yes, his WAM is around 85.

shoxgeneration

*pamplemousse
HSC
i would suggest not france for business. has been a let down on the educational side of things here... but asides from the edu, it's been fantastic!

from friend's experiences, i'd say that the US would be the best choice for business. Sweden/Finland too is also quite good for their biz edu

HSC
Ok, thanks for that. Also is your WAM taken from when you apply, or at some point after? (seeing that it takes around 9 months for the application to be processed). Cos too me the timing could make a big difference.

shoxgeneration

*pamplemousse
HSC
of course - particularly for the competitive uni's. they take into account your previous wam and the wam you'll get during the semester when you're doing the application, does that make sense?

HSC
Nice, that's good to know. Thanks for all the helpful replies guys.

jubian

HSC
Second would be Stern of New York University. I was told WAM of around 78.
This is quite comforting. I was told that NYU had a minimum WAM of 90, and kinda freaked out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)