Good excuses to leave my job (1 Viewer)

G

Gavvvvvin

So I got a new job and need to leave my old one ASAP.

I dont wanna do the asshole thing of not showing up so I need a good excuse as to why I cant come in again.

Since I do nightfill I was considering just calling up and saying I had a broken arm.

Any other ideas? :santa:

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
haha broken arm can only get you off for so long.

i am in the same shoes, except my old job is paying crap money so naturally i need to ditch. what's more, my boss knows my parents, so i don't want to make it too awkward and sound like a dickhead.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
you could be vague and just say you have to leave because of "personal reasons". i mean, that could be anything (your family just died, your new-age-cult religion doesn't permit you to do nightfill, the voices in your head have taken over, etc etc)...

or you could tell them the truth. they'll get over it. at most jobs they'll forget about you 3 seconds after you've left and replace you with some 15 year old McSlut with no skills.

CieL

HSC
Uni/study always works..

Since it's near assignment and midsem time, you could say that nightfill doesn't let you rest up enough and interferes with time you desperately need to study since you WANT TO DO WELL... right? lol

My manager doesn't accept any other reason besides uni as an excuse for me to not come in that day.. besides being dying sick..

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
When I changed jobs I pretty much said I had found a new job and that I'd like to finish my current job. I worked two jobs for two weeks and then left the old one. It looks much better to your old employer and they are more likely to give you a better reference for telling the truth.

Pace_T

HSC
just tell em u found a better job
actually wait no dont say that, that's the reason why i cant use any of my references, i dont trust em lol.
uni or study is the best excuse. just say the work is just piling up. :)

pattii

condom endorser
HSC
-i want to extend my oppuntunities and i feel i have reached the maximum potential here at store x and i appreciate blah blah blah

-i have certain goals in life and i cannot get them here

-my mum wants me to quit my job for the hsc

^^:wave:

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
Exphate said:
You need a reason?

I'd just say...if they require notice.

"Consider this my (x) weeks notice **hand resignation**"

Else

"I resign"
I was just about to say ^. You don't have an obligation to provide a reason to quit. Be grateful that they employed you and leave with your dignity intact so you can use them as a reference.

mb87

HSC
N/A
If I was you, just out of shear snobiness, ask them to meet or re-negotiate your contract. Never know they might better-up your position, salary etc which would better.

Callofduty2

HSC
N/A
send your boss a letter providing the reasons for you to leave your current position, and be nice...

so you can use him/her as a referal later on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)