good girls, bad girls and you (1 Viewer)

malayz_angel

Well here are my thoughts on the following singers: (black and white, since MicK_eT keeps mentioning that)

Britney: She's got a good voice if she uses it in the right way. And I don't really care about the whole new image thing, it just pissed me off when she used to play the whole "I'm a virgin" act. But she is pretty so...*shrugs* And she is doing a song with Madonna now called "Me vs the Music" or something like that...I'm not sure...

Christina: I only have her first album but I might go get 'Stripped' too. I think Christina has a gorgeous voice and no one can take that away from her. Plus although I didn't really like the video clip, I actually loved her song 'Dirrty' when it first came out, I thought it was a really hot song. (Little did I know lol)

Holly: To me, her voice is at best fair, honestly. I don't think very much of it at all. With Christina, you can hear the power in her voice, no matter how shit the song is. I have the 'Kiss Kiss' single, but that was more for the song, not her voice.

Delta: Yes I do think she's talented and beautiful...I wish she would write more of a variety of songs though...

Kelly Osborne: I actually liked her debut song, I think she goes a bit too far with the whole 'tough chick' act though.

Aaliyah: Now she was a talented girl too! I remember first seeing her in 'Romeo must die' and I bought 'Try Again' straight away. I've also heard some stuff that she recorded when she was like..fourteen..and her voice was so beautiful even back then. I was like "Wow..three years older than she was and there's no way I could sing that good!"

Ashanti: She looks good now but musically I just prefer Aaliyah.

Toni Braxton: *sigh* Who remembers that song 'Spanish Guitar?' And 'He Wasn't Man Enough For Me' was also cool..

Beyonce: Wow, how can people have gone for so long without mentioning her somewhere? She's gorgeous, sexy and she has the beautiful voice...but it's true, no one really thinks of her as being a slut...

Monica: Also got a beautiful voice...I'm jealous that these girls can sing...

You know now that I come to think about it, MicK_eT is absolutely right. R'n'b/hip hop clips are all very similar in that they always feature some girl with the voice, some guy rapping and heaps of girls in bikinis and g strings hangin around (think Snoop Dogg: Beautiful for example.) But they don't really get called sluts...

Out of all the singers around, I think that Lil Kim is a hoe though. No offence to any of her fans..

MicK_eT

Terry mate!
Originally posted by d1ngo
VERY FEW other female popstars can claim that they wrote their entire cd, and she can... and she has the talent to back it up...
she didnt write the whole cd herself and her talent only extends so far.. i doubt she can do music as diverse as christina though who can claim the same as delta if not moreso...

but lol lil kim is a ho! in her latest clip shes just got stars coverin her nipples! lol.... but meh no one ever says anyfink bout black stars going naked...

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by d1ngo
first of all... full credit to delta, cos she's not just a popstar, she's making music... herself...

So, in conclusion, three cheers for delta for bringing talent to the pop industry... :)
nice post, i like singers who make their own music, it's so overlooked these days, but it was something i used to look for, i should go back to it. actually, the thought of being a singer and having people give songs to sing is so wrong

holly has no voice, she just wanted to be famous in avairety of areas
monica, toni braxton - gorgeous voices
and yes, kelly osborne and avril lavigne have both gone too far with their image. i don't like it at all.

Originally posted by MicK_eT
but meh no one ever says anyfink bout black stars going naked...
hmmm so true

chris42

HSC
Delta is great in that she is one of the few that write her own music, and sings and plays well at the same time. Do you know what instruments Delta plays, I think she plays Piano, but i'm not sure.. any thoughts?

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
yay, Delta is cool. she can actually play the piano *gasp* :p

britney was pretty good when she first came out (i still rmb oops i did it again - i liked that song :D), but she's just gone downhill, same with christina, genie in a bottle was sooo good, her new stuff i don't like so much. but its not as if britney and christina don't have vocal talent, i mean they were both on mickey mouse club, which counts for something dunnit?

neway, britney and christina are a bit past their peak, delta is good (and quite sexy also i might add :D), but i've moved from western pop, to chinese pop so...dun really belong in this thread :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)