s-p-a-c-e-d

HSC
i live 5 minutes away from punchbowl okay

topic reminded me of this song, haha

[youtube]h4kBcm-ls8Y[/youtube]

pman

Banned
HSC
Yeah, I suggested Arabic hip hop because it's a little different. It contains Arabic instrumentals and some singing. Here's a clip of Palestinian hip hop, have a listen:

[youtube]Gt5zLEfTQ6g[/youtube]
I have to admit, thats not totaly horrible, the backing music is a bit repative which is one of my other big issues with hip hop but the first 10 seconds were really promising....its got some good bits but overall still not that good a song. I wouldn't switch off if it came on the radio but i wouldn't put it on my ipod either

Crestwood's_G

In Elegance
HSC
pffttt...arab-australians doing rap = gross...unless they dont have the crap accent and talk about how hard their life is (which it isnt)

anyway:

- talib kweli
- big pun
- big L
- (early) mobb deep
- nas
- jay-z
- immortal technique
- raekwon the chef
- the GZA
- inspectah deck
- GFK
- phonte
- murs
- ice cube

CharlieB

?uestlove
HSC
I generally like political hip hop and hip hop with strong messages

Dance with the devil gives me the chills...
yeah i was going to post this. Amazing song.

I don't listen regularly because i can't find any good stuff...even bloody steam punk is better, If the genre weren't so commercialized it would be much better...anything produced solely to sell is normally crap, hip hop dominates the top 40, thats prob where it's awfulness comes from...If anyone can post something where they sing instead of talk, I'd be happy...but would t still be hip hop?
Hip hop does not dominate the top 40. You'll find that most songs posted in this thread never had much commercial airplay

most people have heard this but anyway-
YouTube - Jay-Z - D'Evils

SDES

MUP DA DOO BIX NOOD
HSC
[youtube]JpbnuWSu468[/youtube]

meeatu

HSC
I don't know if it counts as hip hop, I've been disenchanted by (and thus distant from) the hip hop scene for many years, but Leftover Crack - Gang Control is a great song. A fun Ska style jam, sexy, sexy vocals and some punk thrown in there too :]

postnatal

Banned
HSC
N/A
how come none of you bitchez and hoes be repping my buddies beastie boys and cypress hill yo dawg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)