Good Luck 06! (1 Viewer)

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Well since youve got your own forum now....(No need to thank me, i only prodded minai a bit :p)

I know many of you started your HSC a couple of weeks ago, some are finishing up on prelim, some have started HSC work now....
You have an odd 390 days day untill its all over. There is much time to get into study routines and learn your work. The HSC imo is quite overrated, dont let it stress you; there is little reason why you cannot enjoy the year.

But remember, every assesment from now on counts. Your school performance is just as important as your result in the external hsc exams. You will probally get your first assesment soon, so dont slack off :p

You can do ALOT of study in the christmas holidays, even if its not actually content, you can read syllabuses to understand and have an overview of what is ahead, begin to look at some past papers, read/watch all your english texts, start collecting extra texts, reinforce the work you learnt in term 4 etc etc..... The bigger head start you can get the better come exam time.
My advice is to develop a study routine, where you go over any notes for the day, make sure you know them etc. I didnt do this, and it has resulted in major cram sessions.

Most are enthusicastic about year 12 at the beginning, but by about your half yearlies, you'll likely be soo over the whole idea of school. But just think about the endpoint!

It'll be a long year for you, but it will certainly be the best of your school life.

Good luck to you all!

Last edited:

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Cool, thx for your advice Rafy, I'm sure it'll be a good, but hard working year for us 06'ers. ^_^

666_blessings

Hi! I'm Alan...
HSC
I wouldn't bother studying during the Christmas break. It'll be the last real holiday you'll ever have, so make the most of it. Having said that, if you do get a massive headstart there's nothing more fun than watching everyone else around you having a hysterical fit on a daily basis while you're perfectly calm. Best of luck, class of '06 and have some fun along the way!

Riviet

HSC
N/A
666_blessings said:
I wouldn't bother studying during the Christmas break. It'll be the last real holiday you'll ever have, so make the most of it. Having said that, if you do get a massive headstart there's nothing more fun than watching everyone else around you having a hysterical fit on a daily basis while you're perfectly calm. Best of luck, class of '06 and have some fun along the way!
I will, because i have already had my good holidays just before the start of yr 12, even though it was 2 weeks, it was enough for me, and now i am ready for a tough year ahead and lots of study in the upcoming xmas holidays.

tennille

HSC
I only used my summer holidays to read the texts I was given; Emma, The Skull Beneath the Skin (read that twice), Anil's Ghost, and read halfway through My Place again.

bridgett

betty's bitch
HSC
i would also wish 06 the best of luck, just remember to try not to stress ... b prepared, its not as scary as it seems

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
yeah im gonna study. mainly because i wil feel guilty and lazy and stupid if i dont. and it wouldnt hurt to go over my history notes, maybe read ahead and stuff. oh and i can get stuck into my drama I.P and read my extension english novels. who knows, i may even be in the mood to do maths for a couple of days (hah, right).
actually...does anybody else have this feeling: it's like, having had to do substantial amounts of work consistently throughout the year, you get into a pattern/routine of working/studying/revising etc so now, the prospect of not doing any schoolwork for six weeks is actually not that nice. therefore i will probably find myself doing study for the sake of it ,simply out of habit. hmmm. odd but true.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
I think i'm just gonna read all my english texts, chem phys and eco textbooks and some extra excercises on maths. That should keep me busy in the holidays. :rolleyes:

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
I'm goin to try and do work in the holidays, otherwise i will hav the feelin of lettin myself down and becomin my own worst enemy when i need to cram the study in

a8o

HSC
Riviet said:
I will, because i have already had my good holidays just before the start of yr 12, even though it was 2 weeks, it was enough for me, and now i am ready for a tough year ahead and lots of study in the upcoming xmas holidays.
Just read stuff - espescially english and if you do histories.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
No histories for me, they're mainly sciences and maths that i'm doing :D
I'll just read Hamlet, R&G, and King Lea which are all the texts i'll be studying next year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)